“Pure awesomeness..”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed March 16, 2014

February is most definitely my best month of the year.. It's my birthday month, valentines & my family + friends really shower me with lots of love. So when my dad asked me to pick a hotel for my birthday treat, Olereseni was my first pick. The location was perfect, very accessible & convenient for us all.. We started off with breakfast, it was so well done & the service was on point!
My dad, sisters & I had an awesome time! Thank you to the General Manager Mr. Ghulam Samdani who honored us by his personal appearance & best wishes.. oh & thanks to the Olesereni kitchen staff for the bday cake surprise. You guys are just awesome! I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This is now my favorite spot in town!

Oh, when you visit the hotel make sure to get to the Eagles restaurant on 4th floor. Smooth Jazz music, collection of some of the smoothest whiskies & wines. Pure bliss!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with the National Park view, these are more quiet & the sunset view is awesome...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Ms. Jackie,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive reviews.

Yes, I do recollect meeting you and I am very pleased to learn that your experience was memorable.

We hope you will continue to choose our services.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel! Great gym facilities and pool, rooms and breakfast are perfect. Best aspect was George, the tour manager, who took us to the elephant orphanage, Kenyatta centre and kibera slum.

If you're in Nairobi, definitely stay here. It's stunning in every aspect.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that your stay was memorable.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

The restaurants are really lovely for family dining. They pay special attention to children's prefs as well. Booking is easy with staff politely following up on you to ensure you get your reservation.

The location and ambience are outstanding with great customer service with Kenya love.

Stayed: December 2013
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed in Ole-Sereni two times last year, I booked online and got a very good deal.
The hotel is close the airport and opposite the National park but dont expect to see too many animals. If you want to see game, organize a safari to the National Park with an early pick up from the hotel. If you are en route somewhere / having a stopover in Nairobi, this is a very good option. The staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. I would like to praise Ann at the Business Centre. She was outstanding, assisting me with various tasks. The food is good, the breakfast was wonderful and the gym and pool very nice. The rooms are comfortable with a kettle, coffee and tea available.
I look forward to my next visit.
Asante sana na kuona kwenu hivi karibuni

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

It is our constant endeavour to provide the finest of services and I am glad to learn that we achieved it with your stay.

I will surely pass your sentiments to Ms. Ann.

Karibu Sana

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We spent one night and one day (day room) here on our safari to Kenya and Tanzania. The night we arrived we were there from about midnight to 6:30 AM. The room is small but comfortable with AC (yea!!). The day we spent there was nice also – they have pretty good wifi so you can catch up on the world.

The food was surprisingly good – the breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent and the dinner we had was fabulous – a huge menu and everything basically prepared as you order it.

The location near the airport is super – this is a great business/travelers hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Excellent property , right next to the Nairobi national park!! The staff is efficient and helpful and food is very good.
Safari organized by them is the best part! Excellent guide Ben who was not patient but extremely knowledgeable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was memorable.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

On the edge of the Nairobi Park, close to the airport and far enough away from the chaos of downtown Nairobi, the Ole Sereni is in an ideal location. The only drawback is the construction work at the front of the hotel - but this only really affects the aesthetics. I found the service to be friendly even if the receptionists were not the most efficient, my room furnished to a high standard and clean, and the restaurant/ bar areas pleasant and comfortable. Breakfast was great, and dinner above average compared to other meals I have eaten in Kenya.
The hotel offers a transfer service to/ from the airport which is expensive, so if possible try and arrange for a local taxi service. Booking rooms directly through the hotel can be complicating and frustrating, so make reservations through hotels.com or some such site. (Note, however, that the prices do not differ.)

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park may afford you views of buffalo at the waterhole and promise to be quieter. Ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one. We will address the booking concern you raised.