“Kenyan palace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Oslo, Norway
“Kenyan palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

A very clean five star hotel which brings to life five star brilliance that seamlessly blends city life with the rugged splendour of the wild. we enjoyed the view of various wild animals from the best big five restaurant,the water hole bar and the Ngong pool bar. On dinning,Eagles grill room is the best.
Thanks for your services.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I sincerely Thank You for giving us the highest of accolades by describing us an KENYAN PALACE.

It is our constant endeavour to offer the finest of Kenyan Hospitality and I am thrilled to learn that you experienced it.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

In January, I stayed my 2nd time at Ole Sereni Hotel. With the experience made in August 2013 I booked a slightly more expensive Deluxe room facing the park (south) because last time I stayed in a regulare room (facing North) and was annoyed very much by road construction which will still take at least a year until completed. So beware booking a room there - it's noisy!
The Location with view towards park is very nice, you sometimes even spot game and small pool on terrasse as well as the food is good.
However, staff especially at front desk lacks professionalism and the so-called Security guards take advantage of their position to approach guests or their visitors inappropriately or don't allow them on the public hotel premisses. So I recommend the hotel Manager pays a closer look on what security does and if they really function according to Hotel guests' interests... Hope next time, if I return, I will see better behaviour.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your constructive feedback.

I have taken note of the point you raised on the security personells service delivery.

This will be addressed right away.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I pass through Nairobi every three months and often stay overnight when I do. I used to stay at the Ole Sereni. However, their customer service is extremely lacking, and they are never willing to accommodate customer requests. At best, their hotel desk staff (waitstaff specifically excepted and very friendly) could be described as aloof, bordering on rude. Moreover, they charge an unwarranted premium over comparable convenience hotels, such as Eka, Boma and Panari. I was always willing to ignore this for the convenient location, but no longer.

For example, I recently referred a colleague to this hotel for a weekend getaway, and I recommended a room overlooking the park which has always included the breakfast buffet. Instead my colleague was given a room overlooking the construction pit on the street side of the hotel, and apparently breakfast was not included, because it was an online reservation. Despite numerous discussions with the hotel manager, he refused to allow any flexibility in the supposed online booking policy. I even wrote the Management giving them a chance to influence my opinion before posting this review, yet they didn't even have the courtesy to respond.

It’s clear that the premium Ole Sereni charges is not worth the expense.

In short, I’m extremely disappointed in the Ole Sereni's service and I will never stay there again. I'd give them zero stars if that were an option.

Incidentally, you can always stay at the Eka hotel for $80 less right next door. The hotel is not as big, but the Eka service is excellent--and it includes an outstanding breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank GrownupTraveller
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

My profound apoligies on the inconveniences you have faced with us as Ole-Sereni surely stands for far superior service delivery.

Please allow me to contact you to understand your complaint better.
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great place with perfect location and service ! The staff really knows why they are here, they help you in every direction possible. Yes, the price is a little high but there is no hidden costs and the service is on much higher level.

Room Tip: Try to get room overlooks on the National park
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

ok, it's not city center and just a bit too close to the busy highway, but it's a perfect place to overnight just after an evening arrival or before a next day's departure on safari. The location at the fence of the Nairobi National Park is interesting, and the Bar, Restaurant and Pool Deck is superb. The accommodation is stylish and comfortable and the food and service great. A lot of local guests show this is a place to be and not only a tourist trap.
We had a wonderful breakfast with a rising sun over Nairobi National Park, with delicious food and very friendly staff - what else do you need.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
I thank you sincerely for taking time to give us your positive review.

Nothing pleases us more than hearing from a satisfied guest such as yourself.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel is situated perfectly for me as I travel to Nairobi for business, so it is close to the airport & the office, you want to avoid traffic in Nairobi!
The food is fantastic and the new private dining room is fantastic and the food/service in the private dining room is excuisite! An absolute treat & high!
The reception service is not the greatest, it is slow, incorrect credit cards are refunded (???) and you often have to explain your request a couple of times.
My room rate was excluding breakfast and I found it totally ridiculous to pay KSh3000 (US$35) for a full breakfast, continental breakfast was ok at KSh1400 (US$16).

Room Tip: I had a room facing the road construction, but had no noise issues at night. It might be better to g...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FrancoisK71
I thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our culinary experience apart form the service delivery at the reception. We will address this right away.

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Nice and comfortable hotel. Very well designed. Great food. Nice view from the restaurant and terrace, makes you forget that you are in a big city. Convenient for airport but quite far from town. Construction works were going on next door. It did not disturb, but may change the setting.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

Its always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest.

We do however apologise on the roads work which is soon coming to coompletion.