Ole Sereni
$101
$78
Priceline
1,451 results
All reviewsnational parkgame parkclose to the airportgame reserveeagles restaurantpark viewwild animalsinternational airportmombasa roadan airport hotelbetween flightsnairobi trafficwilson airportgift shoprooms are niceshort staybusiness trip
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is nice and close to the airport but also on the edge of the National Park so it feels very peaceful.
The staff were very helpful, although the check out process was quite slow.
The restaurant was great and had really good indian food!
I was lucky enough to have a room that overlooked the park, I didn't see any animals but it was still a nice scenic view.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beverley G
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience.

I am thoroughly pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed there for 5 nights while on a business trip. We requested a hotel car to pick us (5 of us) up from the airport. Due to the fire in the arrivals hall of the airport we cleared customs in a parking garage. The driver was there holding a sign for us with all of our names on it.

We found the staff at the hotel to be friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean. The bed is a bit on the hard side. My other colleagues found this to be the case as well. I had no issues with service. The food in the restaurants was quite good. The only issue we had was that they were testing out a new internet system so that non staying guests at the hotel would have to pay for internet. It's complimentary for hotel guests. The system barely worked the first day. I believe they gave up the test and went back to the original system for a while.

The travel desk did want to charge $140 USD for a car to make a 1 hour tour to the post office and grocery store. We re-negotiated this to bring it down to $30.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms on the city facing side of the hotel have balconies. Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rexah

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was pleasant.

On your remark on the mattresses, we are in the process of changing them in the next month. I am sure you will find superior level of amenities during your future travels to Nairobi.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Thank you to the entire staff - from security - to bell staff - to check in - to the breakfast staff - everything was fabulous. Our room was clean and comfortable and a welcome after long flights. Look forward to returning in 10 days and then for our final day. Thank you for making us feel safe and at home.

Room Tip: we faced the reserve on the 2nd floor and the room was absolutely fine!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patteski

I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that your stay was pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hotel is quite nice and conveniently located near the airport. On the downside, the rooms don't offer all amenities that you would expect like toothpaste and toothbrush. And more importantly, after checking into the hotel; a day later I was stopped by a security guard asking me harshly where I thought I was going and when I explained I was staying there, I was given a blank stare. Then later on that night I got a call from reception saying I needed to identify myself. I took a few minutes in my room to cool down then went to reception and within a minute the person there managed to find a copy of my booking and all over sudden the mood changed.I don't know if this happened because I am Kenyan and maybe they thought only 'Mzungus' can afford to stay there or just mere negligence.Either way, never again. Adios Ole-Sereni!

Room Tip: If you are African, prepare to be accosted as you board the lift to your room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grace I
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your reviews.

I am very shocked by your comments and do sincerely apologise for your experience.

May i please suggest that you give us an opporunity to discuss this over a call or if you could come over to Ole-Sereni.

I would really appreciate if you could revert with your contact details and we will take it up from there.

I look forward to your response.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way home (after 2 weeks safari in Kenya and Tanzania) - our TA booked a "standard" room which we did not really look into in any detail. The room was extremely small and overlooked a road construction project but this this was more our fault than the hotel's as we did not check in advance the difference between various rooms - all other hotels/lodges/camps which our TA booked were in the super deluxe category so we did not even bother to double check this booking.

Overall the hotel was great - the common areas seem to be of a higher standard than the actual rooms. The staff were generally very professional - of particular note, we dined at the hotel's fine dining restaurant, Eagles. I must say - the service and food were totally world class - I highly recommend this restaurant. Unfortunately we were both so tied we could not do justice to the superb meal .

The location suited us perfectly - near Wilson and JNB airport. The concierge was also most helpful in tracking down our pre-booked driver and taking care of our luggage. The (included in our rate) breakfast buffet was also very good.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room facing the national park and not the road construction project. Standard rooms are very small - consider a larger room if the price difference is acceptable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to learn that you found the Eagles experience upto your stisfaction.