“what happened to my change”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I must say the location is fantastic,..first time round we had buffet sunday lunch ,while enjoying the beautiful view of the park which was beautiful.To my surprise after paying my bill in cash i was not given back my change.i inquired from the waiter who was serving us WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CHANGE .To be replied that the hotel does not give back change in coin.I just could not believe this.The manager was advised of my fury and also comfirmed NO CHANGE IN COINS.He was going to complementary us with a cup of tee.My second time round was in August for massage and lunch.the same thing happened again NO CHANGE IN COINS.I was going to give a tip or even leave the change,I JUST COULD NOT BELIEVE IT WAS HAPPENING TO US FOR THE SECOND TIME, Please do not come with search an excuse in a 5star hotel.i have been to many hotels in the world. This is my first time to hear that a hotel does to give change in coins.I would kindly want to know if this is the hotel policy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

I thank you for takign time to give us your feedback.

Allow me to apologise for the NO CHAGE given back to you. I am sure it was a one off situation which we are addressing right away. Under no circumstances is the waiter allowed NOT to give out what is owed to the guest after the bill is settled.

I will personally take up this issue and ensure it is not repeated gping forward.

May I request you to reconsider our services during your future travels to Nairobi and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have now stayed there twice for business and can highly recommend this hotel.
The staff, although slow at times, are extremely helpful and friendly.
The location is of course amazing as right next to the national park so if you are lucky you can spot wild animals from your room or restaurant terrace.
The gym has the latest equipment and the spa offers a great selection of treatments.
It is also quite close to the airport which is convenient for my type of business activities. The shop has a wide selection of gifts but the prices are on the high side. The food is also excellent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christel88_13

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one apart from Slow Service which we are addressing right away.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed for 1 night, with meetings at the airport, the perfect location, and you avoid the manic traffic in and out of the city.
Room very pleasant, if a little small, and always good to have free wifi.
Buffet dinner very good and plenty of choice.
Only moan would be the tardy check in/check out.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank colincraig100
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant apart from the slow process at the reception.

We will address this concern right away.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for a night while travelling out to the Maasai Mara. Security is good at the hotel. We stayed in the Maasai Suite which was a beautiful suite. The only complaint is that the bed is extremely uncomfortable but that was the only complaint we had for the room.

Unfortunately, we didn't have time to use the amazing bathtub but it really was beautiful. The bathroom was very nice with a great shower.

The hotel itself is beautiful and if you eat at the restaurant you can overlook the park which is so peaceful. They have some great statutes and it is decorated very nicely. Service in the restaurant was extremely slow when we ate and the staff wasn't overly attentive.

Room Tip: Maasai Suite was beautiful
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Santucci1
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback which is very appreciated.

Our sincere apologies on the bed discomfort and the slow service in the restaurant. We will have these concerns addressed right away.

We hope you will consider our services during your future travels to this part of the world.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Ole Sereni is around 15-20 MInutes from NBO international airport and next to the city's own national park. The rooms are nicely furnished and clean, my view from the small balcony unfortunately faced the adjacent parking lot. The hotel's restaurant has a good selections of menues, the local beef was so delicious I had it twice for diner. Breakfast was served on the terrace with a great view over the park, the buffet selection did not leave any wish unanswered. Through the local travel desk, I booked an early morning safari to the park where we spend 4 hours watching giraffes, buffalos, zebras, gazelles, rhinos, ostrich and lions. Definitely a trip to be recommended, especially if you don't have a lot of time but still feel for some African adventure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive reviews.

You have given us Top Marks across the board and for that we are greatly humbled.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights. We choose it because of the location next to The National park. Our room was small but very nice. The first night we had a lovely meal in The Eagle restaurant on the 4th floor. The staff were excellent. When we asked for a wine recommendation they matched the wine superbly to our chosen meal. The only down side of our stay was the noise. It sounded like table and chairs being dragged across the floor from very early morning. That said we would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am glad you found Eagle's a fine culinary experience.

We do however apologise for the noise pollution on the floors and will address is right away.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for several nights last week. I went on 3 safaris with the hotel. We saw so much wildlife at Nairobi National Park. We even saw a pride of 11 lions stalk and kill a zebra! Amazing. Our game driver was Benson, he was amazing, knowledgeable and he knew where to take us for the best safari experience.
This hotel is more than just a great place to stay, it is a destination for great safaris!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to give us your raving reviews.

I recollect us watching those extra-ordinary images of the Nairobi National Park especially the one with 11 LIONS!!!! I have not met any of our guests who had a game sighting as you did.

Thank you for acknowledging 'Benson's' efforts and we wlook forward to welcoming you back.

You just might see 12 LIONS next time:)