“Inquisitive traveller” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Melbourne, Australia
“Inquisitive traveller”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at the hotel from 17/08/13 & checked out on 19/08/13.
I contacted reception prior to my stay & spoke to Andrew who palmed me off to Reservation where Titus was a bit more helpful.
I resorted to booking through my travel agent in the end as it seemed easier.

My lovely appointed room on the 3rd floor overlooked the watering hole.

Despite Babysitting been included in their services, I was informed by housekeeping/reception of no such service.
On my last evening, Shadrack overheard my suggestion & promptly advised of availability of a sitter should one request in advance????
I was confused as to whether it is an offered service or not.

The Sunday Buffet was SPECTACULAR!!!
Children under 10 eat for free which is a great incentive for families.

Some staff were a bit over familiar for my liking.
I may be a fellow Kenyan, but I'm still a paying customer.

Overall experience was good.
I would stay at Ole Sereni again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your reviews.

My sincere apologies on the absence of 'Babysitting Services'. We do not offer it at this point but we are exploring options.

I am pleased to know that your stay was comfortable apart from the staff's casual behavior which is not tolerated. We will address this right away.

We look forward to welcoming you back home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Turkish first
West Lafayette Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here the night before starting off on safari, and again had a day room upon return from safari. Pros: very nice accommodations, free access to computers/internet, breakfast included with our room - good food, view over the Nairobi park even though we saw no animals, nice ambience in common areas. Cons: very expensive buffet lunch, which we had with our day room (not included so we paid ourselves) - an astounding $37 each! Service just to get drinks in the restaurant was very slow. Overall happy with our stay and would recommend. No real idea of "value" as the rooms were paid for as part of an overall package.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I thank you sincerely for taking time to share your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant on both occassions.

We will surely revisit our buffet pricing as you pointed out.

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay here. The rooms are what I would consider a standard American hotel style. Somewhat small but very comfortable and clean. The restaurant serves an elaborate buffet-pricey, but pretty good. You can also get sandwiches and bar fare at the cafe if you don't want to stuff yourself. The pool looks out over the game preserve. The gym is actually quite nice for a hotel gym. The gift shop has similar items to what you can find at the roadside "curio shops" for MUCH better prices.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the park, otherwise you will face highway construction (at least at the t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was pleasant. It is our constant endeavour to ensure we offer the finest of comforts to our guests.

Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here during a business trip across East Africa in June/July.
Given its proximity to the airport, I have used this hotel before for a quick overnight before catching an early flight the next morning. On this occasion, however i was very disappointed.

Firstly, when booking the room in person, it seemed as if the staff didnt want my business! I was rudely received and brushed off by the male receptionist (cant remember his name). Rather than taking my details or even checking availability, he told me its too late, come again in business hours!
Secondly, i only wanted a comfy bed to rest my head before heading out in the early hours. Instead i was given a "superior" room, which was 2 rock hard single beds pushed together!! One matress was even higher than the other!
I did complain, and admittedly a member of staff tried to find an alternative, but all the other rooms were the same.
I barely slept that night, and felt like a zombie during my meetings the next day. Not ideal for a business stop over...
I would have given it a lower rating, however, I entertained some guests at the fine dining earlier that week, which i do recommend!

Room Tip: Make sure double beds ARENT 2 single beds pushed together
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback which I truly appreciate.

Our sincerest of apologies on the lapses you faced during your stay. Ole-Sereni truly does not stand for these standards and we have take it up with the concerned staff member.

We are in the process of addressing the hard mattress issue and i can assure you that your future travels will experience a superior product and service levels.

May i please request you to reconsider our services during your future travels to Nairobi.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We selected Ole -Sereni at the last minute and were very happy with our stay of one night. We arrived quite late at night so it was a relief that check in was quick and the restaurant was still open. Some reviews have mentioned noise from the pool area, and although we could see the pool from our room on the second floor, we did not hear any noise. Our room was spacious and clean and the staff were professional and friendly. All in all this hotel is a really good choice if you want to stay somewhere near the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

It our constant effort to ensure every guests comfort and I am pleased to know that your experience was positive.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our first night before going on safari and would recommend it as its close to the airport, directly opposite the Somak safari lounge so not far to travel the next morning and the rooms look out over the Nairobi National Park. Would definitely recommend staying the first night at the hotel as it gives you time to recover from the long flight. We arrived at the hotel at 08.30 and were given our rooms within an hour which was great so were able to grab some rest before lunch. We had planned to spend the afternoon by the pool watching all the giraffes arriving at the waterhole but didn't realise until we got there how cold it is in June so didn't spend much time by the pool. Also no giraffes only one solitary ostrich so slightly disappointed but can't complain as we had a great lunch and dinner at the hotel sat on the verandah overlooking the park. The service was great, all the staff were very helpful and the rooms had all the facilities you'd want and very clean. What more can you ask for?

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a view of the park and remember its basically a business/transit hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am truly pleased to learn that your start off to the Safari was a memorable one.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay at the Ole Sereni. I was there during the airport fire and the staff were very flexible and accommodating in a time where information was sparse.
The hotel is excellent, the staff friendly and the food superb. My only down side is the beds are a little firm.
All in all i cant wait to go back and stay there again. Superb

Room Tip: National park views are very pleasant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

Recently many travellers such as yourself have gone through hectic time due to the unfortunate Airport fire and we are pleased to know that our service delivery was appreciated.