“Stylish hotel in a great location between the two main Nairobi airports”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #16 of 162 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Stylish hotel in a great location between the two main Nairobi airports”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on the way back from a safari holiday in the Central Highlands of Kenya.

The hotel is clean, stylish and located in a great position between the two main Nairobi Airports which meant travelling to and from it was effortless.

I was genuinely impressed with its outdoor bars and restaurants, its swimming pool overlooking the game reserve as well as the attentiveness of the front desk staff.

My room was very clean, comfortable and most importantly quiet which ensured a proper night's sleep

The hotel has been adept at displaying its African roots at the same time as appealing to the international traveller set.

My only development point is that the free WI-FI signal needs to be stronger throughout the hotel rather than in a few pockets.

I would certainly consider staying here again next time I am passing through Nairobi

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SW19man
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant and upto your expectations.

I have taken note of the concern you raised on the WI-FI strength and we will address it right away.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

The reception was very good. I received a warmly welcome by the friendly staff. All the staff members that I have interacted with have displayed proffessionalism, friendliness, passion for their work. A great deal of respect has been displayed by all. I have noticed high standard of hygiene within the rooms as well as the dinning areas. The staff really make you feel important. This is particularly important for people that are on business as the business environment can be very hectic times. That been the case, nothing is more refreshing than being received with warmth, respect and dignity by the hotel staff. This just rejuvinates you and you feel recharged after a hectic day.

This unexpected invitation to the evening with the Managers was just a cherry on top, as it really made me feel important and most valued indeed. Keep up the good sense of appreciation of the what keeps you in business, and that is the people. This just affirmed by believe on the reason why we are in business and that is my own way to keep customers happy contrary to popular belief that we are in business to make money. Making money to me is the measure of how well we look after our customers.

Thank you and keep up the proffesionalism that is displayed by your employees and look after them as they ensure that they represent you well,which is sign of goog management and leadership behind.

Thank and I look forward to the next stay with you.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to give us this overwhelmingly positive review.

I coudn't have described it better and I sincerely appreciate it.

Comments like these make us very proud of our trade and only reassures us that we are on the right track in treating our customers the way we always envisioned.

I hope you will continue to patronise Ole-Sereni during your future travels to this part of the world.

Once agin, thank you for sharing your sentiments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Pretty, clean. Very "African" feel for first night in Nairobi, and extremely convenient to Nairobi International Airport. We spent night and flew out of Wilson next morning. Good restaurant with traditional and ethnic African food, also nice menu, including a children's menu. Spacious, updated roomed to a great nights rest:)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Amy B
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Ole-Sereni promotes everything Africa and I am glad you had the opportunity to feel it.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

A good hotel with very comfy & modern interiors. They could improve on the food- some meats can be very rare for Kenyans used to Nyama Choma. The service was way top notch. The views of the nearby national park were quite good but the dust from nearby road construction project ruined an otherwise perfect day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience.

I am glad you found our product appealing.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've been to this hotel several times due to work trips. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic, right next to the Nairobi National Park, you get stunning views, and can spot wild animals occasionally. The city centre isn't too far either. The rooms are cosy, nicely furbished but there have been a couple of issues. Once I had to change room as the lock on the balcony door was broken, and on other occasion I could not lock the main entrance door. Last time the sheets were dirty, and I mean there was something on it that looked like blood stain. But they have improved a lot during the past two years, finally they invested money in buying new fresh looking towels as the old ones were quite grey. Also they put mattress covers on the beds, so they not as hard as they used to be. There used to be a lot of noise from the corridor but now there is carpet on the floor so you don't have to listen to every step. The pool area is lovely, the gym is nice but can be very busy in the evenings and there's no air con.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view at the National Park. Besides the lovely view, these rooms are also quieter...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am sincerely pleased that you have noticed the upgrades we have incorporated in the past two years.

There are more upgrades hich we are planning to unfold in the nea future.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Fresh Meadows, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

coming off a 7 day safari I was provided with a day room here as part of the package....great hotel...nice rooms.....restaurants overlooking game land.....not far from hotel.....enjoyed a bit of rest and cleanup before heading back to USA . Free internet and computers available and a secure hotel......definitely recommend

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Leonard C
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one.

Hope you had a pleasant journey back home.

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

At the end of a 2 week trip to Kenya and the prospect of a 6 hour layover in Kenyatta airport which is decidedly less than accommodating, a friend suggested we spend those hours at the Ole-Sereni Hotel on the restaurant's terrace overlooking the game park. A 10 minute taxi ride (about $12) brought us to the modern hotel where we checked our bags with the concierge, ensconced ourselves at an open-air table overlooking the park (where 2 Elan obliged by making an appearance), and proceeded to enjoy several hours of relaxation before the grueling return trip home. Check out the gift shop on the second floor across from the restaurant - good prices!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen G
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am pleased to learn that your quick stop over was upto your expectations.

We hope you had a pleasant journey back home and look forward to welcoming you back.