“Great Conference Venue”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I recently held a short conference at Ole Sereni and I must say that the entire team was fantastic; professional, courteous, helpful, and very friendly.

Everyone we met went out of their way to make sure that all of the participant's needs were met. On the final day when I realized that a guest was having a birthday I asked the restaurant staff to help me with a surprise. They looked high and low to find a bottle of sparkling apple juice (even though I had given them the easy out of using soda water and juice) because I said that it would be a better surprise. I selected a few mini cakes and they didn't want to let me leave without making sure that they were nicely arranged on the plate.

Excellent customer service!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the park. I didn't see any animals, but it's a nice view to wake up to...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I thank you for taking time to share your positive Conference experience.

We believe that we are in the business of creating delights for our customers and I am pleased to learn that we achived it in our experience.

We lookforward to having you with us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed May 16, 2013

i have been to this hotel for over a year, the staff are high class trained and attentive to detail and caring. I had a pleasant stay whenever i checkin , the interior design is breath taking lwith the latest patterns and colours, lts a magical and luxurious hotel. i will definitely recommend all guests from all walks of life to experience its pleasure

Room Tip: choose a room facing the beautiful Nairobi national park. It is unique in the world.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I sincerely thank you for sharing your positive stay experience.

It is truly overwhelming to learn that we achieved your expectations and our goal is to continuously enhance our guests experince.

Once agin, I thank you for your choosing Ole-Sereni and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Hotel is nice and staff are friendly. the hotel is located close to the airport and Nairobi national park. The rooms are nicely decorated but the beds are very hard.

Although it is convenient for airline crew that it is close to the airport, I would recommend staying downtown if you are staying for a longer period.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your stay experince.

I am pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant and we look forward to having you with us soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is good for the airport and overlooks the national park which is great. The room was excellent, clean and had good facilities. The food in the restaurant was really nice. The gym does the job and I had a nice massage.

Now, the service! Check in took absolutely ages for no apparent reason but the service in the restaurant was the worst I have experienced ever, and it was consistently poor throughout the 5 nights I stayed there. On one occasion after waiting an hour for food we just gave up, the wrong food arrived on numerous occasions, it often took 20 minutes or longer for drinks and that's if they ever arrived. I appreciate I was in Kenya but I felt shocked by how bad it was which is such a shame as everything else was good and the food, when it arrived, was lovely, especially the lamb shank!

Room Tip: Overlooking the national park but not over the bar/restaurant
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I sincerely regret the service lapses you faced on continuous basis. Ole-Sereni surely does not stand for this level of service delivery.

I have taken up your feedback with the team in the most strict manner and we assure that our future visits will not encounter it.

May we request you to recondier our services during your futre travels to Nairobi.

We loo forward to having you with us soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Nice hotel, just in vicinity of airport and a very nice view on the Nairobi national park. Breakfast lunch and diner with a view on the park. Very friendly staff.Swimming pool with view on park, bar facilities and a good organized gym

Room Tip: Book a room which is facing national park.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank H D
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one and hope you will choose our services again during your future travels.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had the privilege to stay at this hotel for six evenings while in Nairobi. The rooms and hotel were clean. The staff, especially the front desk were helpful and whenever I had a question, they were immediately to provide a solution. The food was excellent however I would suggest purchasing a gourmet club card for additional savings. On my next trip, I will be returning as the hotel is safe and close to the city center, and accessible to the airport but a destination in its own right.

Room Tip: select a room overlooking the national park, although don't imagine the park filled with animals...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very pleasad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

In recent years Nairobi's traffic has become infamous, in part due to the traffic circles (roundabouts) which are fine with light traffic but become choke points at heavier densities. Over the years many businesses have migrated away from the city center toward the Westlands suburb, which is now as congested as the city center once was. The Ole-Sereni occupies the former site of the US Embassy, which replaced the old city center site which was bombed in 1998, and then was replaced by an even newer Embassy location in Gigiri, west of the city). The Ole-Sereni occupies a long narrow lot along the road to Jomo Kenyatta Airport, in an area which is mostly industrial, and is even closer to the domestic/charter airport (Wilson). The location makes the Ole-Sereni very convenient for onward travel (whether domestic or international), but somewhat less convenient for doing business in Westlands, Museum Hill, or city center.

The unique draw of the Ole-Sereni is that the hotel is immediately adjacent to the Nairobi National Park, and the layout of the restaurant, bar, swimming pool, etc. have been designed to maximize the view of the park. A watering hole is just over the fence from the hotel, and in the dry season a wide range of wildlife (antelope, zebras, giraffes, birds) come to drink in the early morning and evening hours. The building is set back from the road such that traffic noise is not an issue, though when I was there some construction was underway in an adjacent lot.

Rooms are comfortable and modern, though I found the mattress very firm. The mini-bar drinks were lukewarm, but the walk-in shower had plenty of hot water. WiFi was free and had a strong signal. The only restaurant (the "Big Five") has a good mix of international and African-themed dishes, and an outdoor grill/ buffet is popular during evenings and weekends. The pool is on the small side but the fitness center is well-equipped. The barrista prepares espresso, cappuccino etc. to order, but note that these are not included in the breakfast price.

One drawback of the location is that there are no other restaurants, shops, ATMs etc. within easy walking distance, which means that one is somewhat confined to the hotel unless going out by car or taxi. There is a gift shop selling Kenyan souvenirs, coffee, maps, caps, etc. Staff are friendly and well-trained, and the hotel overall is a very good choice provided one does not need easy access to the western parts of Nairobi, and doesn't mind the somewhat isolated location. A cold Tusker beer while gazing at the national park is something none of the other hotels can offer!

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face Nairobi National Park, odd numbers face an empty lot or the road. The odd n...
1  Thank fredswartz
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I also appreciate the way you have described our services and highlighted all the areas.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one and look forward to welcoming you back.