WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #17 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
New York City, New York
“Great location for a quick trip to Nairobi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ole is in a great location - close to the airport and right on the national park. This was the first place we stayed in Kenya, so we loved seeing wildlife right away. The food was great, and service was above average. The sunrises and sunsets are also beautiful here. I would definitely recommend for visitors.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the park
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Bill,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am glad to learn that your first stay in Kenya was a pleasant one.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stay in this hotel regularly. The hotel is conveniently located in the vicinity of the airport which is great if you are in transit and need to spend the night in Nairobi. You will not be bothered by the hectic traffic that is so commonplace for Nairobi. That said, if you need to spend more time in Nairobi, opt for a hotel closer to or in town. Ole Sereni is miles out. First the pro's: the setting of the hotel is absolutely stunning and the breakfast is unbeatable. The rooms, though quite small, are generally also good. The biggest con is the service. I only stay when I am on transit and then I arrive late the hotel. I have now experienced multiple times that our rooms weren't ready (at midnight!) or that we were double charged (we got the money back in the end, but it was serious hassle). This hotel could be such a gem - it has it all, but service needs serious improvement.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Louise B
Mr. Louise,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I sincerely regret the service lapses you faced.

We will ensure these shortcomings will not exist during your future visits and I hope you will give us an opportunity to show you the improvements.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Not only did they pick us up at airport, but also the hotel was excellent. The art in the hotel and the architecture of the hotel were very impressive. The staff and rooms were excellent. But most of all the hotel's location next to the game preserve afforded views from our hotel room of ostriches, antelope and gazelles.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive comments.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was a pleasant one and you even had the opportunity to spot some game in the park.

We hope you will consider our services during your future travels to Kenya.
nairobi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went there for drinks in the evening and to enjoy the sunset overlooking the Nairobi national park. Entrance is through the hotel on the first floor. We waited near the door that goes to the open terrace to be seated at a table outside. The view from that terrace is amazing. If you're lucky, you get to see some animals in the distance in the national park. Its a great place to see the sunset in Nairobi. So we waited and waited with tables empty but nobody came to ask if we wanted a table until finally one of us went and said please arrange a table for so many people (we were about 10). The waitress said okay in a very subtle tone and hurriedly put one together. Got a good view right near the edge of the park. So we ordered and had our drinks, etc..saw the beautiful sunset. Bill came we paid and got the receipt and change back. We always cross check the bills there for obvious reasons. So the change was short. When asked, the waitress said 'oh we don't have that change'. We spoke to the managing guy there and said its not like we would have minded but its courtesy to tell customers such things. Not everybody checks their change always. Even then, not a single apology from them! I'm not sure whether its a racist issue or what! I just did not have a pleasant experience with the service there.

• Stayed January 2013
      Cleanliness
I Thank You for taking time to give us your reviews.

I would like to sincerely apologise on the service lapse you experienced. Ole-Sereni surely does not stand for this level of customer care.

May I request that you allow us another opportunity to make up on the error.

Oxford, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Great view in a busy city next to wildlife park. Hotel staff accommodated change of plans to extend a day of travel. Transportation provided around the city, for a fee. Buffet good but pricy. Get rooms facing the park. Animals not plentiful because of the proximity to the city, but few hotels in a city have impala, giraffes, ostriches grazing outside. A good place to stay in a busy, congested city.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I sincerely Thank You for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was a pleasant one.

We look forward to having you with us soon.
Bromham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

we've used this hotel a few times now as either a first stop before going on safari or at the end of our trip. The hotel provides a perfect place to relax, lounge by the pool and still watch wildlife wander past as it is located right next to the Nairobi National Park.

Food is very good - breakfasts in particular are great.

Rooms,whilst not huge, are very good and nothing is too much trouble for the attentive staff. Be sure to ask for a room on the park side though, the other side faces a onto a busy road.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim,

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was a pleasant one.

We look forward to having you with us soon.
Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I use the Ole Sereni frequently for business. During my last visit we saw an amazing sight thanks to Shadrack Wawire! He called us (my wife and I) at 7 a.m. to tell us to look out the window. We opened the curtain and there was an amazing gathering of giraffes, zebra, ostriches and antelopes at the water hole! It was a great visit.

Other than that, the service and staff are great! Very friendly staff and a great breakfast. Try the braised lamb shank when you're there!

PS: Unfortunately all I had was my cell phone for a photo but if you zoom in you'll see some of the water hole "customers"!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Mr. James,

I thank you sincerely for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

It's our Team's constant endeavour to ensure that every guest of ours enjoys the finest of service levels ad I am glad that Shadrack ensured it is delivered.

We will surely share your sentiments with Shadrack and thank you for acknowledging his efforts.