“Excellent hotel”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #21 of 170 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stopped here for one night at the start of our trip and for us, the hotel was superb. We flew into Nairobi in the evening, and the hotel was a perfect stopping off point for the evening. Outside of the city proper and close the airport, sits on the border of the Nairobi National Park.

We were greeted at the door by efficient porters and handed a glass of fresh mango juice in reception while our check-in was being sorted.

Rooms were large and well-decorated and equipped, and ours at least was very clean.

Breakfast was a large buffet with a chef cooking certain items fresh on demand. Also, considering many reviews say there are no animals by the hotel, we were lucky enough to see giraffe and impala grazing nearby whilst we ate our breakfast, so I think it just depends on your luck!

Overall, a good choice for us.

• Stayed: February 2013
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I thank you for taking time to give us your poitie feedback.

I am truly pleased to learn that your experience overall was a pleasant one.

Thank you for clearing the air on sighting of animals in the Park. Its not consistent but a matter of sheer luck andI am glad you got the opportunity to spot them.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two days for business. The location is perfect to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of africa even if you stay only a few days in kenya. the hotel is facing the Nairobi national park and very near from the airport.
The rooms were clean and confortable. The restaurant offers a wide variety of tasty and fresh food. I would recommend this hotel. If you have a bit of time, I also recommend a game drive in the park.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the park.
1  Thank carsonmc
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

I sincerely Thank You for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am indeed pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant and we will surely share your sentiments with the Team.

We hope you will reconsider Ole-Sereni during your future travels to Nairobi.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had no expections and was therefore really delighted with every aspect of this hotel. My only slight negative was that the mattress was incredibly hard but I still slept ok. The staff were fantastic and the food was delicious and there was a really good selection.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ms. Rachel,

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive comments.

I am truly delighted to learn that your stay was a pleasant one except for the hard mattresses.

Please allow us to lok into it right away.

I thank you again for sharing your views and look forward to weloming you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location, just a short ride from the international airport. The staff are superb and prices of food and drinks very reasonable indeed.
Rooms are comfortable and very well appointed. The rooms overlooking the National Park are better solely because of the view though there are not herds of animals passing by.
The restaurant service is good and the standard of food high. Excellent gym/fitness facilities.
All round, a great hotel with the same standard of service to be found in other first-rate establishments.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view of the park just because it is better waking up and opening the curtains t...
2  Thank Andy S
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you or taking time to give us your positive comments.

I am truly delighted to know that your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed our hospitality.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed at Ole-Sereni for one day as we were connecting to Kilimanjaro the next day. This hotel is ideally situated between Nairobi airport and Wilson airport. I found the hotel staff to be helpful as we arrived a day late and did not meet up with our guide. They were helpful in getting us in touch with our guide(s) so we knew when to make our connections. I enjoyed our dinner and breakfast taken on the veranda where you could overlook the park.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive comments which will go a long way in strengthening our services.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My colleague and I settled on this hotel to be close to the airport for early morning leave the next day. The layout was a bit odd -- we were told that this was the temporary US embassy after the 1998 bombings and the developers revamped it. It is very modern with a huge bar and restaurant with view over the game park. Excellent food and generous portions. The staff followed our customization instructions to the letter. Apparently they have won awards for the resto and bar and I can see why.

Bargain note -- the Kenyan wine, Leleshwa, is great value for money.

Check-in was painless; we arranged for a car back to the aeroport next morning at $15 per head. Check out was similar. Bless them, they let us into the breakfast room half an hour early so that we could have a meal before heading to the airport at 0600. The car was on time, clean, and made the trip with alacrity.

The room was not huge, but OK, and functional and comfy. Nice bed; sound sleep. Quiet! Everything worked except the light over the mini-bar/coffee service unit, which was a nice mini-bar, in-room coffee service, and safe. The flat screen TV on the wall had the (for me) essential BBC World Service. A/C was great, but so was the cool, dry wind off the Park. Two quibbles: the on-off light on the telly was a bright blue, so bright that it kept me awake and I had to get up and tape a bit of cardboard over it! The hot water never got HOT-HOT; it was warm enough for a shave and a comfortable shower, but never really hit that wonderful point at 40 degrees or so. (My travelling companion did report that his TV was out of order, though.)

Wi Fi was good, easy to log into, not blazing, but that said, it never dropped.

I heartily recommend and will return when in a Nairobi transit situation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

I thank you for taking time to give us your comments.

I am truly pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and pleasant and you enjoyed our authentic African hospitality.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Our travel agent (Extraordinary Journeys) placed us in this very nice hotel due to its location right near the airport. We had a nice room, but particularly liked the breakfast. It was really anything that you could want... omlets, yogurt, fruit, breads and pastries. All kinds of juice were available and the setting was great. I birded during breakfast! I also used the workout room which was completely outfitted for lifting, running, biking, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Birder53
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

I sincerely Thank You for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

Nothing is more rewarding than to hear from a satisfied guest and I am pleased that your experince was memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the ONLY hotel by the Gamepark..