“Absolutely fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel with my job and absolutely love coming here.
The staff are friendly and are always more than happy to help, the food is absolutely delicious and the rooms are clean, a lovely size with all the facilities you could want.
On arrival the staff give you a lovely welcome and your rooms are giving to you immediately.
There is a lovely pool area with a pool bar and on Sundays they do great entertainment which is a live band and dancers too. You can enjoy the entertainment when sitting by the pool enjoying the sun or whilst eating your lunch.
The restaurant - there is a buffet style for breakfast and lunch which is so reasonably priced at about £12. And for dinner its an al a carte style dining. For lunch They have fresh juices, soups, a salad bar, pizzas, Kenyan curries, rice, chips, meat, vegetables and also a barbecue outside where the cook your food to order. They have the most amazings deserts including a chocolate fondu, cakes, ice cream, pancakes the lot! And to finish tea & coffee.
There is also a lovely bar area on a terrace outside, where you can also order food from the menu. The terrace over looks a safari park where we have spotted giraffes, gazelles and elephants before. It's so lovely to sit out there with the gentle breeze and the sun beaming down on you.
There's a fantastic gym here too!
Everything you could possibly want and more at this hotel - I would absolutely recommend it and I always look forward to coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Ms. Alice,

I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your extensive positive comments which will go a long way in fine tuning our product and services.

It is truly rewarding to see a guest who had a pleasant stay on every level.

I thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you back with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Turkish first
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days Rand R after a grueling trip overland from Egypt and found it excellent the staff are super friendly without being too intrusive. The rooms are clean and the ones overlooking the park are very restful you can't imagine that you are so close to a capital city. The food is very varied Indian Fusion and western all cooked in the open kitchen.
The park is just outside your room I didn't see any animals apart from ostrich but am assured that they do come to the water hole nearby. All in all a great hotel I would certainly come back whenever I am in nairobi

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a park view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ms. Maggie,

I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am glad to know that your stay was a delightful one minus the poor animal sightings. I am sure your future visits should spot some. i'll make sure:)

Once again, I thank you for sharing your views and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel is excellent. The staff are just so attentive and friendly always smiling and willing to assist you. The food is just glorious. The setting is wonderful overlooking the National park. Yet only a few kilometers from the city and the airport. My friend and I have been here for 7days for a rest between traveling and it has just been faultless. Would recommend it to anybody for a couple of days or like us longer.

Room Tip: worth paying the extra for a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

We hope you enjoyed our hospitality as much as we enjoyed having you with us. Your comments will go far in fine tuning our services.

Once agin, I appreciate your views and we look forward to having you back with us.
Westmount
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best place to stay in Nairobi, close to the airport and far from the tangled traffic of the city, but most especially with an expansive view of the African savannah from the terrace bar, restaurant and swimming pool. Just the soft air and breeze is rejuvenating. Inside, the hotel is spacious and comfortable with tasteful African/Kenyan decor and art. The gym and spa facilities along with the swimming pool are excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful. And WiFi works (even though a higher capacity would be appreciated). In sum, I would only want to stay here when returning to Nairobi in transition to the coast or game parks or also as now, spending a few days in, yet much better, next to the city.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Ms. Barbara,

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive comments.

I am truly delighted to know that your stay ws a pleasant one.

We look forward to wlecoming you back.
Nahant, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I had to overnight in Nairobi on my way between two other cities, and a colleague warned me not to try going in to the city (too much traffic, security issues). This hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport, and it is grand! It is next to a game park; rooms facing the park have a sweeping view, and though I didn't see any game (arrived in the early evening and left at dawn), I did see flocks of little birds, two of which lighted on the railing facing my room.
There is a bar and restaurant on the patio, with lovely sunset views. Food was good, view was terrific, and internet connection strong. I sat on the patio sipping my beer, working on the computer, and feeling as though I was having a mini-vacation. Another good thing, for an airport hotel, is that the restaurant is 24/7. The rooms were very nice too; comfortable beds, good, working shower). I would love to have been staying longer.
Only complaint (and it IS a complaint) is that I reserved a car to the airport early the next morning, and no one told me it was taking other people ... so when I ran up to my room because I'd forgotten something, no one told me the car wouldn't wait! I was lucky enough to find someone going to the airport with a company car, but I could have been in real trouble.
Still, if you're looking for a place convenient to the airport, I don't think you could do better than this.

Room Tip: Facing the park, of course!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I Thank You for taking time to give us your positive comments.

Nothing is more staisfying than seeing a satisfied guest and moreover being acknowledged for it.

My sincere apologies on the de;ay you faced on airport Transfers. i have taken up this concern with our Travel Services and we assure this issue never crops up again.

Once again, I thank you for sharing your views and we look forward to wlecoming you back.
Nanyuki, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel has good facilities and very warm and welcome, they smile a lot which is very heart walming when away from normal environment. Would recommend other families from British army to come here. Helpful from the enter to your destination. Thank you very much

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Ms. Sarah,

Thank you for taking time to give us your positive comments.

It is truly verwhelming to know that your stay was a pleasant one.

We hope that you will continue to patronise Ole-Sereni during your furture visits to Nairobi.

Once again, I thank you for sharing your views and look forward to wlecoming you back.
Breukelen, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I come to Nairobi on a regular basis and have been in a couple of hotels here.
The Ole Sereni is the best and most beautiful hotel so far.
Really nice staff, good restaurant and great views from the terras.only down side is maybe the hard matras on the beds, but they are working on that.
Hotel taxi is expensive, but they are working on this as well .
Rooms are nice, free Internet and the gym is one of the best in Nairobi.
Overall a real pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

It always rewarding to learn that our guest had a memorable experince.

We are in the process of addressing the hard mattresses and i can assure you that your visits will experience a superior comfort level.

Once again, I appreciate you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.