New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #17 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“wonderful experience at ole-sereni:”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

i had a pleasant stay at ole-serene between 24/12/12 and 26/12/12 and the is hotel good with very friendly and helpful staff, decent and comfortable rooms with the latest facilities and guest have a choice of smoking or non smoking rooms, the big five is amazing providing a wide taste of varieties and guests from all walks of life have full satisfaction. I really appreciate the heated and controlled swimming pool where i and my friends from South Africa enjoy chilled beers while overlooking the African Ocean( national park). The presence of animals in the park was a peculiar experience: ostrich, giraffe e, the cranes, antelopes. i am delighted to be in such a prestigious and luxurious hotel where by all my requirements are taken care of especially by one cheerful guest relation officer called Shadrack whom is best suited in the hospitality industry. As a well experienced traveler in the all continents i will recommend all guest visiting Nairobi to stay at Ole-sereni hotel.

imo hoffman.
hoffman_@yahoo.com

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Mr. Hoffman,

I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you have taken to give us your comments. Thank you.

It's very rewarding to see a guest who is satisfied with our services.

We look forward to your continued patronage.

Once agin, thank you for sharing your positive experience and we wish you a brilliant 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel really made me feel safe and exceeded my expectations. Felt more safe myself and with my things than in any other hotel I've been to and I stay in 5-7 different hotels every month. I left 97 dollars in my safety box but forgot to lock it before leaving the room. When I came back there was a note from security where they asked me to call. I called them but they didn't pick up straight away so I didn't bother.. Didn't yet realise that the money was gone. Later security called me back and asked me if I was missing some money, when I checked I realised that the money was gone. The cleaners found the box open and the money inside. To make sure noone else would take the money they took the money and brought it to security to keep it safe. This is something I thought would never happen anywhere in Nairobi.

I also found all the staff extremely friendly. During our 4 days in this hotel I felt like many of the staff where just our friends more than staff. That made the stay really enjoyable for us and we felt very comfortable to ask anything and we could chat about anything with them.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are very small so I recommend taking a deluxe room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Ms. Margret,

Thank you for taking time to share your views about our services.

It is our constant endeavour to ensure that our guest experinces the finest of services.

We will surely share your sentiments with the concerned team member and acknowlledge him / her for their high level of integrity.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to having you with us soon.

Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I've stayed at this property a few times (my last stay was Dec 12, 2012) and I must say every stay has been nothing short of excellent. The location is great; it's close to the airport which means you avoid the nightmarish Nairobi traffic; it is also a gated property and does not sit on the main road which made me feel safe. The staff is super friendly; everyone from the driver who met me at the airport, the receptionists at check-in, the gentlemen who assisted me with my baggage after a long flight. The food in the restaurant is delicious (I've only tried vegetarian options and have never been disappointed), and the portions are generous. The internet signal is really strong in the main areas of the hotel, and pretty good in the rooms. The rooms are nicely appointed and modern, although I have to admit the beds are very firm. I would like to say thank you to 2 exceptional managers (both named Shadrack), who ensured that I was comfortable and that all of my needs were met during my visit. Lastly, the gift shop is really nice, I bought a pair of a high quality leather sandals with intricate Masai beadwork. I hope in the future the gift shop will accept American Express (at present they do not). I will continue to stay at this property when traveling to Nairobi; I love the modern vibe and feel of the Ole Sereni and look forward to seeing everyone again on my next visit (Jan 2013!).

Ms. Kaydee,

Thank you so much for your very positive comments. I truly heartening to know that we have made your stay a memorable one.

I will surely pass your sentiments down to every team member especially the Shadrack's!!!!.

I have taken note of your recommendations and we will act on it right away.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Wish you Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night at the hotel since I had a complimentary night stay at the hotel courtesy of the hotel's Gourmet Club programme. The room and bathroom were clean and had great decor. The bed was large and comfortable and the linen was clean too. The room was quiet and the staff were courteous and eager to help. We went for dinner at 10pm and were disappointed to find the kitchen had closed and were not doing dishes off the menu. Rather we had order dishes that were somewhat generic (fish and chips etc). Also, the staff atbthe restaurant seemed overwhelmed and service was sparse althought there weren't that many people dining. Perhaps the management can look into extending the time the kitchen stays open to maybe 11pm for folks who want a heartier meal and better manage the tables for diners. The tv in my room had some very unclear reception of most channels and the options of channels to watch were few to say tyhe least.

Beyond that, we had a very pleasant stay and will definately be returning again. We would definately recommend the hotel, especially for tourists on a layover in Nairobi as it is approximately 15minutes from the airport.

PS: Kudos to the Ole Sereni Gourmet Club for providing great incentive to visit the hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Mr. Rienye,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback.

I have taken stock of your comments on the restaurant service timings to be extended and other related areas. Please be assured that we will address it right away.

We assure that your future experinces with us will be more delightful.

Once agin, I thank you for patronising Ole-Sereni and sharing your views.

We wish you Happy Holidays
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Ole - Sereni is a rare mutation between location and service. The hotel is next to Nairobi national park if you are a nature lover like me the sight of Animals will definately make you feel out of the world. I have stayed here for 3 weeks and unlike most places the food here never bored me. The staff here are very generious and the GM Mr.Ghulam Samdani really knows how to make a guest feel comfortable. Holidays or Business I will definately recommend this place. - Bhaskar Kumar

Room Tip: try 4th floor facing the national park
Mr. Bhaskar,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your feedback.

It gives me great pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back and wish you Happy Holidays.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Ole Sereni and had a wonderful time! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The view from the Watering Hole overlooks Nairobi National Park is beautiful and the perfect place to enjoy a cold Tusker after a long day of sight-seeing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for taking to give us your feedback.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience. It is our constant endeavor to provide the finest of services to our guests.

We look forward to having you back with us.

We will keep the Tuskers chilled:)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here one night in transit from Tanzania home to Australia. Great location, speedy and safe airport transfers.
Main issue included the very loud party that the hotel hosted which carried on until 3am and the paper thin walls that did nothing to block out the noise. Not the restful night we'd hoped for.

Also air conditioning broken, mini bar empty, mosquitos in room.
Not a big deal but not worth the cost for one night. On the plus side delicious breakfast, nice gym and good wifi in public areas.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole Sereni, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Ms. Georgia,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback which I sincerely appreciate.

Our profound apoligies on the noise pollution you faced and the absence of minibar amenties in your room.

I agree with you that you failed to realise your moneys worth.

May I assure you that your furture stays will encounter far superior service standards and I hope you will give us an opportunity to showcase it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.