“Nice Hotel on Mombasa Road”
Review of Ole Sereni

Ole Sereni
Ranked #21 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel has good looking and design. It is near airport and just across Airtel Parkside Towers.
You can order rooms that has beautiful view to Nairobi national park. The room has excellent bed, television, air-conditioner, and bath room. The minus points are bad wi-fi signal and experienced that the hot water from shower suddenly stops when being used.
Staffs are nice and friendly. However, you may need to do some attraction to call them in the restaurant. Also, beware that it took some time before the food come (around 15~20 minutes). The nice points are the food are delicious indeed!
Me and my friend got special discount because we book the hotel via tour agent.
Overall, it was very nice and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank stdavidk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,385)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had some time on our hands before our flight back to the UK and fancied a meal. Our travel company in Kenya suggested the restaurant in this hotel and we weren't disappointed. The staff were very friendly and polite (as were most of the people we came into contact with during our holiday). The food was delicious and quite reasonably priced considering the Ole - Sereni's appearance as a high quality hotel.

Room Tip: We didn't stay at the hotel, only ate in the restaurant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paul_hartman
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had some hours to kill while waiting for a flight and were delighted to spend them here....asleep. So, we didn't get to enjoy the dining. Staff was helpful and smiling. Rooms modest in size but nice quality. Baths the same. Worth a stay, wish we had stayed longer.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, as we were in and out. But it was okay, for sure. We faced the highway...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here due the close proximity of the hotel to the airport. We were in a club room which was the only room large enough to put an extra bed in. It had a very small balcony overlooking the national park. No animals, only one ostrich which was very far away.

The room was of reasonable size. Didn't like the bathroom too much with the glass walls and glass doors without locks. Large and comfortable beds. Decent tea and coffee making facilities.

We ordered room service and it arrived promptly and was very tasty. Breakfast downstairs was very good, a wide range of food items to choose from.

Check out took a bit of time. The lady at the front desk was more interested in talking on her mobile phone rather than speeding up the check out process.

A lovely hotel, very expensive and only worth it if you need to catch an early morning flight.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HotspurUK
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel prior and after our safari trip. It's a nice, new hotel. Located right next to the park reserve, with great views and occasional animals. It's located near the airport, so no hassles with Nairobi traffic. Kid friendly with a pool.
Service did vary some - mostly very good, but some slow meal service. But food was very good.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tina G
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel twice, each time the service was exceptional. The restaurant overlooking the park is wonderful. There is no guarantee you will see animals each and every time, but none the less the view is incredible. Hotel is situated in close proximity to the airport- which is a definite plus in Nairobi considering traffic if you are doing a quick turn around. The entrance to the game park is not far either. We rented a SUV with a driver for the day- approx 220 USD, but that provides you with someone who can speak the language and knowledge of the area. The food was very good, and the staff friendly and warm. Definitely consider staying here.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm just about to wrap up a month long stay at the Ole Sereni. From the time you walk in the front entrance, you are welcomed with a warm personal greetings and smiles. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. You can read about the property and it's views in the many other write ups on this site but I'd like to focus on my experience with several of the staff I've come to know during my stay. First, PR and Communication Executive Aziz Mussaji introduced himself to my colleague and I at the Thursday evening manager's reception. He offered his personal contact information and has checked on us constantly during our stay. He even went out of his way to take us for a much needed round of golf on his day off! He seems to have made a personal mission of making sure we were extremely well taken care of during our stay. While I've stayed at many very nice hotels, I can count the number of times I've received this kind of personal attention on one hand. I noticed Aziz treating other guests with the same attention as I've received as well. I'd also like to make special mention a few other members of the hotel staff for their wonderful attitudes and helpfulness. They are:

Michelle of the Gourmet Club (which if you stay multiple days, is and excellent way to save $$$ on meals and massage), Sheila at reception, the staff at the front entrance who always made sure my driver was ready when I needed to go out, Zippy, David and, Edith at the Big Five restaurant, the cleaning staff who were always ready to fix up my room on a moments notice and finally Michael the trainer at the health club who made sure I didn't slack off on my workouts. I'll be having my birthday here next week and while I'd rather be at home with my family, Aziz has already begun planning to take us on another outing to celebrate. It's been a really nice experience so far.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business