“Conference”

Ranked #17 of 269 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh
“Conference”
Reviewed October 19, 2009

The Margarita House is a very special place with very special people. The hospitality is second to none. The rooms are immaculate and the cusine is scruptulous. The owners
show special intrests in making your stay comfortable.I am glad that I made it may choice of stay. I would recoomend TheMargarita House in a heartbeat. It is one of Karen's finest. I will be looking forward to staying again next year.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portland, OR
Reviewed October 16, 2009

I stayed at the Margarita House for approximately 2 weeks, while traveling to Mombasa and Amboseli in between my stays. I cannot express how helpful the staff was to me with my travel plans. They helped me find the best deal on safaris, and places to stay in Mombasa. In addition, they organized my transfers to and from the airport in Nairobi. As all travelers know, finding the best deals and getting around a foreign country can be quite challenging at times. The Margarita House staff was wonderful in answering my questions and helping me discover Kenya. I am truly grateful.

The rooms are gorgeous and the food was excellent. It was also very nice to have instant hot water and wireless Internet. I believe the Margarita House offers something for all types of guests. Although it is about 30 minutes to downtown Nairobi, it is located near the best tourist attractions like the Giraffe Center and the famous Carnivore restaurant. The Margarita House has a conference center for those on business, and being located off the main roads makes it peaceful and quiet for those wanting to relax.

Thank you Margarita House, you made my trip to Kenya one of the best vacations I have ever had.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 28, 2009

I stayed at the Margarita House for a week with my wife and child of 11 months. My child had so much fun playing in the gardens and in the pristine pool. The rooms and bathrooms were very spacious with lots of closet space. The suites have a beautiful view of their gorgeous gardens and the Ngong Hills.

Even though Margarita House is located about 30 to 45 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic, it is located in the vicinity of the Nairobi National Park, Nature Walk, Nairobi Crocodile Village, The Giraffe Center, Karen Blixen House, and my favorite, the Karen Country Club for golfing.

For the rate we paid, I thought we got the best deal in town. There were scheduled power outages every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6am to 6pm. The Margarita House uses Solar to compensate for that on those days. They also have hot water instant showers to reduce the energy usage. Wireless is accessible 24-7, and therefore we were able to still communicate with our friends and families in the US.

Even though it is a bed and breakfast, they also served lunch and dinner. Every day we had something different from the Chef's creation. The staff was willing to accommodate us, especially with an 11 month old. They offered us laundry services which we needed especially for the baby.

I can go on, and on about our experience. It was very restful and we would go back in a heartbeat. Thank you Margarita House for your help.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family