“Lovely place, but don't expect much of the food”
Review of Kentmere Club

Kentmere Club
Ranked #484 of 566 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
nairobi
“Lovely place, but don't expect much of the food”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went some years back with a family of twelve, brothers, wives, parents and found the place to be wonderful. The rooms were romantic, tub facility, fire place, lovely greenery.
However, dinner was very disappointing, very bland food. The breakfast was good, omelette in particular.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank zahid m

Province of Brescia, Italy
“Nice atmosphere, good kitchen.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I was at Kentmere club during a work lunch.

In few words.

Environment.
So cute and warm.

Service.
Good, altough sometimes african peolple are embrassed to speak friendly with european.

Kitchen.
Was very good, healty and with nice flavour.

The garden it's a very nice place to visit.

-gustoerrante- advises for Kentmere Club.

2 Thank gustoerrante
Solingen
“Time for a serious face lift”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I used to love the Kentmere club for its atmosphere and its privacy, quietness and beauty. The problem is that the owners don't want to invest in the place and it's looking grubby and run down. It doesn't need to change its basic architecture and ambiance, but a thorough re-decoration, some serious maintenance, decent internet and TV in the rooms are what it needs to make it competitive again. If you have to drive 20 miles out of Nairobi to get there, it needs to try harder and, goodness knows, the owner's got the money!!

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Hugh A
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“I still love Kentmere BUT their Rabbit Delicacy failed me!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I became adventurous and decided to order one of the latest kid on their menu-Rabbit Meat-. To be fair they did their best to serve me the delicacy as offered but my personal experience was awful! I had to share in my wife's chicken. I have been to Kentmere for more than four times and on one occasion the buffet set-up during a seminar wowed us as a group of 10 pax. what i really love most is the countryside feel as well as the homely fire place at nights next to the beer counter. its like having a minibar in your living room!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DominicM969
New York, NY
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were visiting someone in Limuru and this was recommended as a lunch option. Although a bit faded I think it would be a fine place for a cup of tea or a cocktail overlooking the garden in the back, but the food is not good. The menu was suspiciously broad and our group stuck to toasted ham and cheese sandwiches. We waited ages. The sandwiches made in a Breville style sandwich press were made with so-so ham and absolutely laden with margarine - not very nice to put it nicely. On the upside, we've had many chuckles over those toasties! Restaurant food quality in Nairobi, etc. is generally pretty middle of the road so I wan't expecting the moon. Stick to drinks.

Visited April 2013