All reviews rooftop restaurant hot water kindest staff hell's gate national park safe driver lake naivasha happily stay again close to town budget hotel recommend staying here breakfast was delicious wonderful stay day safari mosquito net spent nights late at night rooms are small
Reviewed October 17, 2017

Your typical budget hotel that you can find in most places around the world--mostly for transit travelers who are staying one night. Hot water, shower, working toilets, and clean beds. I gave Khweza an excellent rating for two reasons: 1) The rooftop restaurant and eating area is nice. While there isn't a lot to look at, you can see over the tops of the buildings around Khweza and watch that part of the city wake up while you have breakfast. 2) The staff were extremely nice and served all of our needs. The security officer even picked up some food for me from down the street after we had arrived at 10 p.m. that night.

You should stay here because it's budget-friendly, the staff are incredibly nice, and the rooms have all of the amenities you would expect from a budget hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Arriving at Nairobi, I went to the hotel. I go to the room and when I went up to see it , Dirty with yellow pillows , dirty bed sheets, a dirty little room with a unique light that lit like a candle. Bypassing in the hotel takes your soul to something negative. An environment that is totally depressingly tight and the rooms with windows on the corridor that sound everywhere. I got to the reception and demanded that I leave while I found another hotel in the city. To surprise me for a 1.5 hour stay, they charged me all day. Stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Taxidiaris66
Reviewed August 13, 2017

The guest house is only 10 minutes in a matatu from right outside to the City centre. The staff are warm and welcoming and are the highlight of this place. The rooftop restaurant has fews across the city, serves excellant food and is reasonable priced. There is 24 hour security here.

The bathrooms in the 2 rooms we stayed in were a very amateurish set up with water coming out of the shower basin flooding the bathroom and the drains smelling badly. The bathrooms need total refurbishment, but by a professional company this time. The tap in one room was not fixed and swivelled when turned on. The windows in both rooms let in mosquitoes as the fly screens were broken. The room away from the front desk kept cutting the wifi off.

I gave 3 stars because of the staff, the owner needs to invest some money in this place though as its deteriating badly.

Room Tip: The road is noisy, forget rooms facing the room, forget rooms near reception, its noisy from talking.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

We had such a welcoming and wonderful stay at Khweza! As our first stop in Africa we were so happy to be staying in such an awesome, clean and friendly place. The location is a little away from town but we found it to be a perfect spot! Awesome help with safari at really good prices too!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

This is a 2 star hotel in Africa, but you get really good value for your money. The staff was very helpful and warm, they helped us schedule activities and transportation. The food was good too! The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They also sell beer. Even thought there is no elevator the staff helps you with the luggage. The rooms are small and basic, but comfortable enough. The tv in the room plays a couple of local channels. The location is a little bit outside of downtown. In theory it should take you too long to make it from the hotel to the downtown, but traffic in Nairobi is extremely bad so it could take you almost 1 hour. I didn't find restaurants nearby, just an ATM machine.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple