“Lovely staff and great atmosphere”

Khweza Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 261 Nairobi B&B and Inns
“Lovely staff and great atmosphere”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with a couple of friends for a night and we were all really impressed. It is leagues ahead of any of the other budget hotels we stayed in in Kenya - nice decor, clean rooms and sheets and lovely staff. Our room was facing the street but was still fairly quiet and the area seemed quite safe. The roof top bar restaurant is also a nice touch. Only drawback is that the water for the showers is tepid at best, but that's not too bad given the heat!

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed October 30, 2013

KHWEZA BED AND BREAKFAST NAIROBI

I stayed here for 15 good months from July 2012 to October 2013 while on an Education and Training with my company in Nairobi. My stay here was fantastic and awful. Over all i loved my stay here. The people here were so good and the cleanliness was just wonderful. the room attendants always did a wonderful job. Twice we went to tour the rift valley and central Kenya but the tour guides were so good. The management not to mention was always there to ensure that we got the best services at all times.

The location of this place over looks the CBD especially at the rooftop where you straight into the heart of Nairobi. Besides travelling to nairobi from khweza is only 5 minutes and the transport is always arranged at the reception and always on time.

overall.
My room was room 5 and it remains my small apartment in Khweza bed/breakfast. I will never forget this place and its entire staff. You treated us so well over all this period.

To the travelers.
To those who wish to travel to Kenya, book a date with KHWEZA BED AND BREAKFAST and am absolutely certain that you will call this place home just like me. You will certainly enjoy the breakfast they serve, their trips in the Khweza branded tour chauffeurs, where you will meet Freddie, Shaddy and Mohha all very wonderful tour guides.

THANK YOU KHWEZA. yOUr such a NiCe PlAcE

Room Tip: the rooftop is so quite and calm overlooking the CDB, the breakfast is just so good, the rooms are c...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GLADSTONE1234
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Had a great stay here! Arrived at 4:30 am, but even then a friendly welcome. The first night the room was quite noisy (didn't really mind as I was so tired), but after that had a nice quiet room. Service was excellent, and I didn't ever meet anyone who didn't have a smile. All of my email communication in advance of my arrival had been very prompt and helpful. Breakfast was generous. It was great to have the rooftop cafe for a Tuskar and a meal at other times of the day! The neighbourhood is not exactly upscale, but I encountered no problems walking as an older single female. I left a suitcase while away on safari, no problem. The cost was very reasonable, good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The airport pickup was very convenient and the staff at the hotel was absolutely lovely. We thought our room was clean and we were warm, it was a bit noisy but not enough to deter me from steering people away from staying. We were able to walk downtown easy enough. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013
Calgary
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Wow. I have stayed at Khweza for over a week (truthfully, I can't remember exactly how many days) and was extremely satisfied with their offerings. The five star rating is not because you can compare it to the Intercontinental or something in that caliber, but the five stars are for the amazing value that Khweza offers.

If you've done research on Nairobi hotels, they are through the roof, so finding a nice clean budget hotel is not easy (trust me I've looked), but Khweza exceeds all expectations. The rooms have either one, two or 3 beds depending on your request, I had a twin which was quite comfortable and I had a great sleep throughout my stay. Rooms were cleaned EVERYDAY, you have your OWN bathroom (keep looking you'll find many are shared) with warm to hot water with some having a balcony (having stayed in the balcony rooms they can be quite loud from the traffic).
Location, you might be sketched out at first but don't be alarmed! A very easy 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel and you're in the city center (conference center and all downtown) so no real need for a taxi. Be sure to grab a card from the front desk to show Taxi's as they all do not know where Khweza is, and remember Ngara Road and Fig Tree commercial as a reference for them. Speaking of taxi's, Khweza has their own dedicated drivers that offer reasonable and I believe set rates for the most part and are in line with most taxi's give or take 1-200 shillings.
Safety! You have nothing to worry about, which is nice. A guest had left his jacket upstairs for the night to find it the next day. I have yet to hear one complaint from anyone and I would feel comfortable leaving money open in my room and not worrying. It is a huge relief!
Breakfast, it's included! Fresh fruit, toast, eggs (omelette or scrambled) coffee and juice! w00t.
The Bar, though, I don't understand why, it's completely infrequently used. Maybe one of the few ROOFTOP bar/restaurants in Nairobi with views of downtown, breezy and very cheap prices on Beer and food, it should be more popular. However it's great to meet other travelers and eat your breakfast up there!
I haven't used them, but there is a booking office beside the front desk with two helpful ladies that I believe offer great rates on tours/safaris.
Just to tell you how good it is, I'm one of those unplanned travelers so I would reserve my room one or two days at a time or sometimes when I wake up. However this morning I was told they were full so now staying in another budget hotel across town for the same price and it is HORRIBLE! I can't wait to go back to Khweza!

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs are large and may be at a premium, balcony rooms although nice (good for smokers) c...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank AntarcticNomad
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in Kenya in November, 2011. Hotels are very expensive in Nairobi, so on the last few days of our trip, we booked this B&B. The price was very competitive, hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, they could also book you daily trips, safari trips and car service. The first night we were in a room facing the street, it was extremely noisy, as the windows are single paned, room is right on a busy street, there were trucks going by all night, it quieted down a bit after mid-night and got busy again in the early morning, it was as if we were sleeping on the freeway. We requested a quieter room for the second night, which the staff happily helped, he took us to a room in the back, which as windowless but noiseless. We stayed for a couple of minutes to make sure we didn't hear street noise. So keep in mind that rooms might be noisy and you absolutely need ear plugs. The hotel is located in a not-so-nice area, but convenient to get around, rooms are clean, there is restaurant on the roof top, food is decent. We really liked the staff there, very friendly and warm, eager to talk with us, willing to help. While we were waiting for car service to go to the airport at night, 2 nice young men kept us company and chatted with us warmly. Overall, we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Khweza is a budget hotel that gives you everything you need at a good price.
The staff are friendly, happy & helpful & the rooms are clean & tidy.
Nairobi hotels are expensive for what you get so keep in mind this is a simple well priced hotel for Nairobi.
It's not the best part of town but it is well situated to get into the city. If you haven't been to Nairobi before keep in mind the traffic is really bad. Meaning that it takes a long time to travel only short distances, therefore if you need to be close to the city & are on a budget then Khweza is the way to go. Otherwise you will literally be spending hours travelling!
They do offer a pickup & drop-off airport service, which I always like. There is nothing worst than getting hassled by taxi drivers or getting ripped off because you are tired from a flight & don't understand the currency yet. Simpler & stress free to arrange a pickup.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo