All reviews rooftop restaurant hot water lake naivasha budget hotel mosquito net central nairobi masai mara taxi driver safari kenya matatu traffic shillings wilson wake rates
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Me and my husband stayed there only one night before our flight back home. we didnt expect much but it turned out a very nice B&B.
The hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean, hot shower, small but nicely decorated. Nice roof restaurant though the dinner service was a bit slow. Taxi service is punctual. We were supposed to leave at 1am, the taxi was ready, very nice but the engine didnt start!!! They immediately found another car and we safely went to the airport.
The only concern may be the neighborhood. (We were a little nervous of the environement and prefered to stay in the hotel until the checkout time. But this may be a wrong impression, after all, we didnt know much about Nairobi and spent only a few hours in the city. That s why we rated 4 out of 5.

Room tip: rooms not siding the main street should be preferred.
Date of stay: May 2012
2  Thank Duyguita
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We spent a night here on either side of a trip to Tanzania. The staff were friendly, and the service they gave us was well beyond the call of duty. We were coming back to Nairobi in the evening, so I rang, gave them my first name only, and asked them to send a cab to pick me up off the Arusha shuttle. Not only did the cab arrive promptly, but they had looked me up in their booking database, and the driver had a paging sheet with my full name on it. Would the run of the mill 5 star hotel have been able to match this?

The rooms are good, the beds comfortable, the showers hot (to scalding), and the breakfast good, and punctual!!!

I can't comment on the area - both days we arrived late and left early, but for the price it is first rate

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank David H
Reviewed April 9, 2012

To start with what seems to be a major concern for other people- the area! Don't be afraid!!! During the day it's perfectly safe to walk to town, I did it (on my own) every day for a month. Take a cab at night and all's good!
The B&B itself is great, pretty rooms, with steaming hot showers. Breakfast is amazing, as are the views from the roof terrace. The staff will go out of their way to help you in any way they can.
I stayed for a pretty long time (over a month) and felt at home there. I would come back anytime and can only recommend it!

Room tip: I've heard that the rooms facing the street can be a bit noisy.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank stephanieh801
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We supposed to stay for just 1 night in Nairobi from our safaris to Mombasa, so we decided to stay at a cheap hotel. but the moment we entered the street which hotel was located, I freaked out. the area is terrible! hotel itself is OK for the money we spent, but I will never ever come back. the breakfast on rooftop was OK. our room was on the road side of the building and it was impossible to sleep because of noise. The taxi service was good. bedding and towels was not very clean.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Khweza, Manager at Khweza Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the taxi service that the hotel offers and the breakfast.

We do realize that the hotel is located in an area with high human traffic, and this might be quite intimidating to guests. We however do assure you of safety, as we always have 24 hour security and we are also located right across from the Administration police post.

We recently brought brand new white linen and towels for all the rooms, so all the older ones have all been replaced. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will be back to the hotel as we strive to offer a better product and service.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

We chose this B&B because of the reviews from Trip Advisor...and although it was fine (clean, ok breakfast, roof top patio was nice), I would not recommend it to a friend. I didn't like the area it was in - and when we returned to Nairobi, we stayed at a hotel downtown for the same price and it was three times as nice.

Date of stay: January 2012