$157
$149
$157
$110
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$170
$224
$164
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop restauranthot waterhell's gate national parksafe driverhappily stay againlake naivashaclose to townbudget hotelrecommend staying hererooms were very cleanbreakfast was deliciouswonderful staymosquito netspent nightsgracesafarikenya
Reviewed August 23, 2011

On a recent trip, I had to spend one night in Nairobi on my way into the interior. I got a little worried as the cab pulled up (it was in the "industrial" part of town), but once I got inside, I felt much better. Nice local decor, friendly staff, and great food.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had a lovely two-day stay at Khweza. The room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was good. And the staff were all very friendly and helpful. A much more personal atmosphere than a hotel. Nice rooftop terrace overlooking Nairobi. Can certainly recommend it. Only small negative point was that the shower was way too hot! But I forgot to tell the staff and I'm sure they would have sorted it out had I told them. Free wifi as well, which worked perfect. And the place felt very safe.
Would definitely go again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kay v
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed here for one night after 18 hours of flying from the U.S.. The people were really welcoming and helped with our bags. All the beds had mosquito nets and were reasonably comfortable. The rooms had a nice African motif. The shower had no shampoo, but did have soap. The shower was broken in our room and had obviously been fixed either by a guest or someone who wasn't a plumber. It broke again when I tried to use it. I could make it work by holding it together with one hand, an awkward situation.

It was raining hard and the rain found its way into the stairwells and pooled on the roof. The roof was the location of the breakfast, which consisted of fresh fruit, eggs made to order, coffee and juice. The food was okay, but it was tough to get the attention of the staff to order it. Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay for one night.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms and the bathrooms before deciding which you want.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kryptogram
Reviewed August 13, 2011

A friend and I stayed at Khweza after completing an Overland tour, my comrades stayed at Boulevard Hotel (Glad I wasn't them!-what an overpriced dump) after suggestions from the tour leader. I chose Khweza after the reviews on Tripadvisor and emailing Sarah who responded very quickly and I'm glad I did! We arrived in a taxi and yes Ngara Rd does have a reputation but Khweza is on the safer end. We arrived and before we could get out of the car a man bounded down the stairs and retrieved our bags (so quickly I was convinced we were being bag snatched haha), The rooms ooze African Culture and are quaint and homely. When we arrived (early) they advised our room was still being made up but they quickly did and apologized for the inconvenience!(remember we were early!). The rooftop restaurant provided average to good breakfast, but had amazing views of the city in which you could watch the city go by. Reception happily gave instructions on taxis, restaurants, information and walking/safety information. The service, quality and homely feel made us come back after a 3 day stint in Masai Mara. This time we brought a friend with us after our rave reviews and she loved the place too. We stayed in a front room and you could hear a faint level of traffic but I feel that little idiosyncrasies like that and the walking of guests on the metal stairs and the Indian/Muslim woman singing outside on Sunday mornings all part of the beauty of the Kenyans and African culture in general. "Hakuna Matata or TIA". The area has amazing Sari shopping and easy walking to the CBD, safe enough for us to walk and funnily enough although I was warned of the dangers of "Nairobbery" I found that when I feel in a rut in the road it was in fact a local who helped me up and offered his assistance, Again a telling statement of the majority of Kenyan people. I would happily stay again and feel that you couldn't find such a place anywhere else in Nairobi. Although if your a newbie to Nairobi of Africa in general please note that road driving is chaotic at best and traffic delays aren't uncommon so after Khweza has arranged your transfer to the airport (which they did amazingly well BTW!) leave enough time to get there as anything can happen in the 25 minute drive haha.

Room Tip: try to get a room near reception/away from front if your worried about noise
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We only stayed one night at the end of an overland trip but we had a very good experience at Khweza. Very helpful staff helping us to our room with our bags etc. The location is on a main road and may not be good to walk around at night but, it was no problem at all, as the reception staff were very friendly and helpful and would arrange their private driver or a taxi that they trusted whenever we needed it and at a reasonable price. Once inside you are very secure.

The room itself was basic but a good size, comfy bed and was very clean with towels and a hot shower and we had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good on the roof top terrace. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple