I too came here after being booked into the hotel as part of a tour and after reading the reviews had mixed feelings.
On the positive:
-The staff were very helpful
-The room I was shown into was much better than I expected and relatively comfortable. I requested to b put into a room in the new wing which I think helped and I would definitely suggest doing.
On the negative:
-Despite calling twice and emailing three times to arrange an airport pickup I arrived and there was no one there to meet me. Mini drama ensued and I eventually was collected an hour and five dollars later after having to make various calls to the hotel.
- the guy who helped me with my bag and taking it to the room scoffed and the two dollar tip I offered and demanded 5 dollars making it extremely uncomfortable, I paid him the money to just get him out of the room.
- The music from the gym was unrelenting.
So in conclusion okay for a night if you have to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “As you walk through our doors, you will always feel a sense of coming home. This is our culture” Hillpark Hotels and Resorts is an indigenously Kenyan owned group of hotels featuring Hillpark Nairobi, Hillpark Tiwi, Olpejeta Mansion and our newest bundle of joy Amare Resort. We started off in 2002. Since then we have worked hard to ensure all your different hotel need is met. From business to pleasure to ensuring you keep up your fitness regimen. Our properties stretch from Ukunda, South Coast to Nairobi and Olpejeta in Nanyuki. We love nature; greenery always surrounds us… come see for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hillpark Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.