Crowne Plaza Nairobi
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
$196
$170
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

Ole Sereni(Nairobi)
$208
$159
Trip.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $176/night.

Eka Hotel Nairobi(Nairobi)
$138
$101
$78
Priceline
All reviewsbaraka restaurantupper hillthe club loungepillow menubusiness hotelihg memberfitness centerbusiness triproom servicethe hotel is cleanmain restaurantcomfortable roomsairport transfertaxi serviceconference facilitiesspecial thanksbreakfast buffet is
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A very professional set of people, we'll maintained rooms, centrally located, though the approach roads are somewhat of a problem - been under construction by some Chinese companies forever, but otherwise, it's perfect.

A perfect spread of breakfast options, a good gym, a pool too small and oddly located, that doesn't help, but overall not much to complain for a business traveller.

Pricing is pretty competitive and they really take good care of their regular guests, so suits me just fine.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank siddhoo
lorenzo_baleri, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear Siddhoo,

Thank you for your feedback and for the positive comments about our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a very good experience with staff and facility.

As for the roads, I am glad to inform you that the construction should be concluded in the next six months. This will greatly help in reducing the traffic that chokes up the roads in upperhill area.

I hope that we shall have another opportunity to host you in future.

Best wishes,

Ken Musili.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

At a recent business trip to Nairobi I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel. I requested an early check in which the staff at the reception counter dealt with most professionally. With no hesitation I was offered a room. the rooms are neat, clean and offer excellent value to the business traveller. Wi-fi connectivity is good and its free. The abience of the hotel is relaxing and the coffee shop is brilliant.
The restaurant offers a great selection of food. The gym facilities are excellent. Overall, a great hotel in Nairobi.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 5th floor which is the business executive floor. This has its own breakfast room which is excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Manfred K ,

Thank you for taking the time of writing a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I was pleased to hear that you experienced friendly and efficient service from our front desk staff on arrival and that they indeed exceeded your expectations.

We were also very happy to read that you found the hotel rooms clean and neat, offering excellent value to the business traveller like yourself. We pride ourselves of our product offering and we continuosly work hard at offering the best selection of food in our restaurants and coffee selection offerings.

Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor reviewers and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one week in March. The facilities are good, staff is very nice and helpful, the main drawback is food. Each day, the same things (of very average quality) were severed for each meal and after 4 days I was not even feeling hungry anymore....

Dear raposaraposa

Thank you for the review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi. We were very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and hotel very much,particularly the friendly and helpful staff.

We have taken note of your comments regarding the qaulity of the food and are most welcome, and will take the appropriate steps to review our menu offerings.

Constructive feedback like yours is always appreciated as this helps us offer you,our guests,the ultimate guest experience.

Lookinf forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Business. Usually i stay at one of the downtown hotels (Serena, Hilton..) but decided to try Upperhill area this time. What a mistake! The hotel is between 2 major arterial roads and you spend most of your time in a taxi stuck in hour-long traffic jams. The facilities are good, and the quality of food (room service) is high quality, as is to be expected from the hotel brand. My only complaint is with their business centre and the exorbitant price they charge for a printout: $1 a page! what business are you running here? a hotel or printing shop? I know it doesn't sound much, but for a proposal i paid $48 to print. The idea of a business centre is to facilitate your guests business dealings while staying at your hotel, not supplementing profits. If it wasn't for the traffic, i may have considered coming back, but for a lot less cost and traffic, stay in the city centre or nearby.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear SA_Business_Traveler ,

Thank you for much for taking the time to review our hotel. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and most particularly the quality of the food.

We have taken note of your comments with regards to cost of the printing in the business centre and will be reviewing the costs, as mentioned in your review.

I am glad to confirm that the major construction phase of the main roads to Upperhill will be completed towards the end of September 2014, and will considerably ease the flow of traffic in and around Upperhill. The newly built highways will provide easy access to and from the International airport and city centre.

Thank you once again and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Nairobi sometime in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I had had problems on my two previous stay which I raised with management and was disappointed by the lack of response I was therefore unsure about the wisdom of my staying again, but the management pulled out all the stops to prove they can get it right and that they valued my business.
I was given a suite of the fifth floor which was very spacious and well maintained. The bathroom that was clean and just as it should have been which proves the hotel can manage the lime scale issue which is prevalent in their standard rooms.
The management has promised that they are taking steps to address and remove the lime scale issue that made the bathroom shower glass look grubby and unclean.
It will be a while before I am scheduled to return to Kenya on business so I will give the hotel another chance as they have time to get the problem under control.
The photos are of the shower glass from my previous stay look forward to seeing this cleaned up, it only requires de-scaling part of a regular cleaning programme.
My rating is based on the fifth floor suite.

1  Thank JamesPAB
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear JamesPAB,

Thank you very much for the constructive feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi in respect to the buildup of scale on the glass shower cubicles in the bedrooms, due to the high level of fluoride.

We are happy to inform you that the descaling of the shower cubicles is now 90% complete and wish to thank you, to have given us an opportunity of taking swift correction action to remedy the flaw.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and can assure you of my best personal attention at all times.

Best Wishes