All reviews baraka restaurant upper hill club floor business hotel pillow menu fitness center business trip room service the hotel is clean main restaurant taxi service comfortable rooms conference facilities breakfast buffet is masai mara wilson airport alabaster
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 1 night after 2 weeks of traveling in Africa. This hotel is located in quite area, and I couldn't here any noise from road construction that everybody complains. It took 20 min to get to the airport, and I guess this hotel is pretty close to Nairobi. (not in a center though) I had good dinner, and room was very nice and clean just like 5 star hotel, and all staffs were kind. This hotel offers high speed internet so that you can serf the internet for free.

Well, I had two options for my last night in Nairobi at Hilton or this hotel. And I think it was a good choice to choose this hotel. I heard that Hilton in Nairobi is very old but our room was very nice and clean, bedding was new, and my boyfriend and I enjoyed the bathtub. (You know, hotels in nairobi barely has a bathtub)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 이랑 임
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear erangtree ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

I am glad that you enjoyed your one night stay and found it to be an "excelllent" experience and am also grateful to receive positive feedback on the good dinner, nice and clean rooms and friendly staff.

It is with pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team and I'm sure this will be greatly appreciated.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Best Regards

General Manager,Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the CP for a night. Its a good business hotel in a quiet area. The room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed and pillows. The only fault is the breakfast buffet, I dont think it was worth the $20. Worth mentioning that pool area is located by the breakfast restaurant which is a rather odd place for it.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank cheerioshiro

Dear cheerioshiro ,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback on your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

It is indeed our hallmark to provide the most comfortable beds and pillows available to our guests.

We have taken note about your comments regarding the breakfast buffet and have shared this with my Team.

Once again, thank you and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

General Manager, Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks. The linen, bedding, soft pillows are nice. Slept very well after a long day. All hotel staff starting from security, door man, front lobby, room service, janitors, etc. are courteous and polite. If you eat only vegetarian food, choices immediately outside Crowne Plaza are very limited. Since it is located in the upper hill area, we used to walk down the hill in the evenings to have dinner in downtown Nairobi. Then, take a taxi back to Upper hill later in the night. Since this hotel is relatively new, overall stay was excellent. Hope the management maintains the enthusiasm and standards over the years.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing teh so called "city view" side. By the time you get there, newly built high-rises may block your view but during the day, one can see a nice horizon.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Dear NickTimepass,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that our staff managed to make your stay a memorable one and that the quality of our bedroom linen made your stay even more comfortable.

As a suggestion for your next visit,there are a variety of options available in the hotel restaurants for vegeterians without have to venture far away from the hotel.

Thank you for recommending us to other travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

General Manager,Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very, clean, beautifully decorated property. Had great security that assured safety. The staff was very courtesy, polite, and helpful. The bedding was very comfortable especially after a taxing safari. Room had ample space, outlets, robes for two, clean new carpet, etc. Bathroom has all of the amenties with a seperate tub and shower. Nice clean fluffy white towels. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning with over 6 kinds of fresh juices, omelets made to order, fruit, yoghart...plenty of variety for everyone!!

Room Tip: We had 2 different rooms. 1 on the 2nd floor and the other on the 1st floor. One was by the elevator and the other was not. Both have pool views and was great!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear SummerWorldTraveler ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Crowne Plaza Nairobi and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is pleasing to know there were so many positive aspects of your stay .We are glad that the staff's politeness, courtesy and concern helped in making your trip a memorable one.

Thank you for the compliments about our rooms and amenities.Indeed,, we are very proud about the size and amenities in our bedrooms. We also strive to offer the best breakfast offering in Nairobi.

Thank you once again for your recommendation.We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us in the near future.

Best regards

Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here on the very last day of our two week long trip to Africa. The staff was fairly competent and professional, in the way a 4 star hotel should be. The front desk person was always pretty good and knowledgeable. The hotel is only 3 yrs old and looks fresh and clean. The rooms are modern and comfortable. It's said to be one of the nicer hotels in Nairobi and I believe it. There are some cultural differences-- like we asked for cereal w/ milk after breakfast hours and they had to ask the chef if he could make it. I explained that it was cereal and doesn't require a chef to prepare it. Regardless, she had to ask and when it was approved, it arrived with yogurt. I sent it back, it re-arrived with hot milk. In the US we usually have it with cold milk, so yeah. Annoying. Be specific and repetitive to avoid mistakes. We had a tiramisu cake, pretty good. I had coffee and a ham and cheese sandwich, which was also good. For dinner, we had the Hummus with pita, taboule and falafel. It was fresh and good. The margherita pizza was not. I don't blame them, because most places in the US get it wrong.

Quiet and very clean rooms, limited tv channels, nice bathroom, good service.

My only complaint: The location is a little odd. The streets are not paved in this part of town (Upper Hill). However it only costs 500 shillings to get into city center, 1000 shillings to Westlands. Walking is possible, but not recommended. We walked to the bank behind the building and we were jumping over exposed pipes, climbing high piles of dirt, walking around block long perimeter gates, so... it was not peachy. For the price, you can't go wrong and it's just as comfortable as the Serena.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear nogareaux,

We are delighted to learn that you were impressed with the hotel during your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

Your appreciation of our hotel rooms, staff , services and quality of food. I have also noted your feedback regarding the cold/hot milk accompaniment with the cereals served in room service and your comments have been taken into consideration.

I was particularly happy to know you enjoyed the tiramisu cake !!!

Upperhill district,where our hotel is situated is currently undergoing extensive road renovations but will certainly be worthwhile in the future as this will ensure easy, quick ,wide highway access to the airport,city and surrounding areas. The area will also feature boulevard type avenues once complete.

The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel,hopefully in the near future.

Best Wishes,