All reviewsbaraka restaurantupper hillthe club loungepillow menubusiness hotelfitness centerroom servicebusiness tripthe hotel is cleanmain restaurantcomfortable roomstaxi serviceairport transferconference facilitiesbreakfast buffet iswilson airportmasai mara
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

New, clean, well looked-after, this hotel exceeded my expectations of a Crowne Plaza hotel.
There are quite a lot of roadworks going on around the hotel though we can be frustrating given that taxis will get lost, which in Nairobi traffic could add an hour to your journey home.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kannice
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Kannice ,

Just a short note to thank you for the brilliant feedback . We are glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

We are pleased to inform you once the major roadworks improvement plan is completed it will be well worth the travel from the airport to our hotel.

Thank you too for recommending our hotel to fellow Tripadvisor readers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

General Manager - Crowne Plaza Nairobi

Reviewed October 17, 2012

After a scarry drive through the boom docks of Nairobi, we arrived to find our room had been double booked...not good as we were flying of on a Safari the next day.
The Manager arranged for a room at another top hotel and sent a car for us to take us to airport the next day...now that is what I call customer service.
On returning 4 days later, we were delighted to have been given a free upgrade. Well done to management. Lovely Hotel, superb service, nice outdoor swimming pool. Just located in a tucked away location and the roads!!! Or rather potholes with tarmack.Dreadful drivers too. Airport a nightmare of push and shove and disorder.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. Building work going on over the road and a pilling hammer at 7am is NOT good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paulinebell
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear paulinebell ,

We are thrilled to note your detailed and wonderful review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi here on Tripadvisor.

A typical and great example of turning a negative into a positive and living the moment of truth of guest experience and satisfaction.

I will pass on your positive feedback and comments to my team which will make them proud.

Thank you too for the positive comments about our lovely hotel and superb service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just a quick update after my third visit this year (for business). Location is ideal for many attending for business. Rooms large and comfortable. I never sleep well here but not anything to do with the room as far as I can tell. Restaurant food is okay but service can be very slow. Pool is in an unusual spot right by the outdoor restaurant tables - not ideal for some. This time we used the 'local' bar directly opposite, great value and very relaxed, worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AandAW

Dear AandAW ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi.

We are happy to note that this was your third visit to our hotel and it was great having you back with us. As you mentioned the location is ideal for guests on persons and stayovers for connecting flights within Kenya and East Africa.
We are also happy to hear you enjoyed the size and comfort of our rooms.

We are sorry to hear about the slow service experienced in our Baraza restaurant.We will share it with my management team to avoid this from happening in future.

You may want to visit our Sikia Restaurant on your next visit, a fine dining continental & local restaurant where we recently introduced an innovative and mouth watering menu- nominated by Go Places runner up for Hotel Restaurant for 2012.

Again thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lets get my issues out the way first - They could not find our reservation after sometime they apologized blaming a new system that left bookings prior to its introduction hanging! The room was great, gorgeous big bed with pillow selection & spray by your bed to help you sleep so the big shame was all the noise. We kept thinking it will stop soon at 4am we called to ask when the noise would stop to be told the function in the hotel was now over but the one across the Street they had no idea when it would stop. They go the extra mile with pillow selection but don't have double glazing & you hear it all even on the 5th Floor!. The management did apologized and admitted to other complaints. When asked what they were going to do about it they did offer 5000 points back from the 25000 used to book. I did not feel they took the complaint that seriously as they had the full points already. If this had not been the case I would have refused to pay as to only get a couple of hours sleep is shocking in my book. They also confirmed they should have put us on the other side of the hotel which would have been less noisy that did not really help after the event.
Also the TV system was down for most of the stay.
I have given them 3 stars as the room was comfortable and the rest of the staff were good so if you are lucky enough to stay when not events are on I am sure your will have a good stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear annettet,

hank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Always enjoy staying in this hotel. If there is one thing they need to correct its their TV network. They always have frozen channels, channels with no picture, etc and its definately not the satelite companies problem as its too frequent a problem at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank David B
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear aliveandfreelondon,

We are very happy to read your review and thank you for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your feedback and in particular your comments about the very polite,pleasant and helpful staff. I will pass on your feedback with regards to the Great Breakfast and good buffet lunch to the Kitchen brigade as well as my Management Team.

We are very pleased that you found our complimentary Sleep Advantage aromatherapy kit useful and that you found the bedroom impecccable.

We have taken note about your comments of the WiFi.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi very soon.

Best Regards