“The Only place to stay in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi

Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi
Ranked #18 of 156 Hotels in Nairobi
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“The Only place to stay in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I travel a lot for business,I was booked into the Crowne Plaza Nairobi by the travel agency of a firm a work for. When I arrived, as a Priority Club Member I was given a Club Level room and full access to the Club Lounge. The front desk staff was efficient and pleasant.

From day one I realized it was one of the best hotels i have had the pleasure to stay at. My days began with a full British style breakfast and wonderful Kenyan coffee. My long hours on the job were greeted by a hot towel and a cool glass of juice every night upon my return to the hotel. The Happy Hour appetizers and beverages were a perfect way to end the day before dinner and a good night's sleep.

The Crowne Plaza chain treats guests well, but this hotel goes the extra mile. Juacinta Kiio, in the club lounge was the perfect hostess as well as a great help in solving some challenges with my billing and helping to set up reservations for other members of my team who were arriving as I went home.

When I was booked to return I immediately called Juacinta to help me get a good, quiet room. My current room is fabulous. I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler to Nairobi. I especially recommend it to any business traveler.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, December 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your glowing review of your recent stay with us.I was pleased you enjoyed the Priority Club Lounge facilities,our Full English Breakfast and the best of Kenyan coffee available.I will pass on your compliments to my team here and especially to Juacinta Kilo in the Club lounge, who took special care of your needs. I hope to be able to personally welcome you to our hotel on your next stay with us which I hope is in the near future.

Kind Regards
Lorenzo Baleri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

stayed 6 nights at Crowne Plaza Nairobi, i dont have a bad word to say about the hotel. the service was second to none and the staff were freindly, polite and extremely efficient. Very welcoming atmosphere.facilities were great. My room was beautifullydecorated, well equipped and very clean throughout my stay I must say.the food was superb in both restaurants as well as the selection available in the lounge cafe/bar.I could not have asked for more and will stay there again if i return to kenya.

• 5 of 5 stars
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially the superb food in our restaurants, the friendly,polite and efficient staff and will certainly pass on your kind words to my team.
I hope you have the opportunity to join us again soon and I look forward to meeting you.
Kind Regards
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Staff were very friendly and it is more than up to Crowne Plaza standards. Don't be too concerned about the neighbourhood though. When my driver took me there I thought I was being dragged off to the Boonies, but in fact it is located in a residential neighbourhood where there has been some commercial development. An excellent one night stop over in Nairobi if you are not bothered about seeing anything.

• 5 of 5 stars
lorenzo_baleri, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, November 27, 2011
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Nairobi during your recent visit to Kenya and for telling us about your experience.We greatly appreciate any feedback recieved from our guests and always strive to improve further on highest quality and service standards.

We do take our guests and their well being seriously and always strive to meet and exceed guests expectations.

We are extemely pleased that you were satisfied with your overall experience .It is comments such as yours that make all efforts worthwhile and will certainly convey these to the all the Crowne Plaza Nairobi TEAM.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Nairobi in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed four nights at the Crowne Plaza in Nairobi during a business visit. I found the establishment excellent in every respect. My room was attractively decorated and clean. Hotel services such as Internet access and the fitness room worked fine. Food was great in both the Baraza and Sikia restaurants. We used a conference room for a day-long meeting for about 15 people. The set up was done well, and snacks during breaks were good. Best of all, the members of the hotel's staff were universally pleasant and service-oriented.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed here because someone else did the booking. First plus point is it took less than 20 minutes to drive from the airport so, having arrived and got out of the airport by 9.30PM, I was at the hotel for 10. That's a record for Nairobi! It's a fairly standard Crowne Plaza and looks and feels much the same as every other Crowne Plaze I've stayed in. This is no bad thing for a business stay as you know what you get - clean, efficient, serviceable, comfortable, etc. When I checked into my room, the phone nor the TV worked (I wasn't bothered as I needed to get to sleep) but they were really apologetic. I slept well, had a good breakfast and got more apologies when I checked out. I was coming back at the end of the week and when I checked in, they'd upgraded me to a room that was bigger than my house by way of apology for no TV and no phone during my last stay. I found the service to be really good and friendly - all the staff I came acorss were professional but approachable and very accomodating. I'd stay here again for business and would recommend it to my colleagues.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Xx Y
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

My concern is over the internet booking policy - its a scam! On booking over the internet i was told because it was booked and prepaid with a credit card, (they will not let you confirm the booking without credit card details), that there is NO CANCELATION AND NO REFUND. This is irrespective of how much notice is given. On enquiring i was given the run around and told under no circumstance could i cancel or would i be refunded. This in my opinion is highly irregular and if its a Intercontinental Group Policy it should be highlighted - this is a very disturbing development.

• 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Nairobi, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Glen E,

IHG has a pricing structure that allows us the opportunity to offer deeper discounts to our customers. In order to offer these rates we must attach restrictions such as cancellation fees or full prepayment. Some of our lowest discounted rates carry full prepayment requirements while others carry a cancellation fee.

If rooms are available for your travel date, we will always offer the option of booking either restrictive (with cancellation/prepayment requirements) or non-restrictive (can be changed and cancelled without penalty) rates. This will allow you more flexibility in making your specific travel arrangements. For example: if you are certain about your travel plans, the restricted rate will be a consideration, whereas if your travel plans are less definite the unrestricted rate may better meet your needs.

It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead offer options that make sense. We always appreciate comments from our guests, and we will use this feedback in making decisions about our future pricing strategies.

Ben J
IHG Care
midlands uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Just had the night here after our flight from London.
First thing you notice is the hightened security. Lots of guards and 2 barriers to go through and they check your boot as well. This is welcomed I guess in these troubled times for Kenya.
Check in wasn't too good. The guy must have only been in the job a few days and struggled to allocate a room and then when we got to the room the cardkey didn't work. Had to go all the way back to sort it and not much of an apology. The room was fine, usual fare... clean and comfy and complimentary bottled water. Also free Wi-Fi.. a bonus!
I fancied a drink after the long journey and nipped down to the bar.... to my suprise it was closed! The manager was cashing up and told me to order a drink from room service! It was only 10.30pm.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family