Mvuli House
Tribe Hotel(Nairobi)
$196
$176
Palacina Residence & Suites(Nairobi)
$187
Eka Hotel Nairobi(Nairobi)
$159
$123
Agoda.com
All reviewsrooms are cleanplace to stayfront officerecommend this hotelairportcbdkeydriver
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was traveling on to Maasai Mara in the morning and so this hotel was booked for me by the travel agent. It was quite close to the airport. My room was small, but clean and comfortable, with a nice shower and complimentary toiletries. The restaurant was open quite late, which was good, since I got in after 10:00pm and was starving. They had a decent complimentary breakfast, too. (No brewed coffee, though...only instant.) In the morning, as I was waiting in my ride, I sat in the very pleasant garden. There was free WiFi.

The location is very noisy and since my room had no fan or air-conditioner, I had to choose between quieter and stuffy, or opening the windows for a breeze and noise.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room away from the street - very noisy location!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SavvyFaire
GMMvuliHouse, Web Mariketing Officer at Mvuli House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room clean and comfortable, we pride ourselves with seeing to our guest's comfort.
We are sorry for the stuffy condition you had to endure in your room.In situations such as these, the hotel has portable fans that a guest can get, upon request,at the reception area.
Brewed coffee is also provided upon request, this is because it is not too popular with most of our guests hence the reason we provide the instant coffee instead.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again the next time that you are Nairobi.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

My flight was at 4am in the morning so I booked a room from 9pm till 2am and although the rooms were small they had good TV, free internet and a small but nice bathroom. Couldn't have asked for more really. The prices are quite good and it's also quite close to the airport so its perfect to wait in while awaiting a flight.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello,
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything suited to your needs. Next time you are in Nairobi and are looking to stay a little longer, we would be glad to host you in our other Hotel ,Mvuli Suites, which has bigger rooms but the same quality service that endeavors to see to your comfort.
Until next time,thank you for choosing Mvuli and we look forward to hosting you again next time you are in Nairobi.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

the hotel is 30 minutes from the airport and yes as other have said, this hotel is only good for an over night stay while waiting for your next flight. area surrounding the hotel is not so nice and probably not safe to walk around. taxis are available at the parking lot, you must negotiate with the driver since there is no metered taxis. I only stayed here for several hours before moving to a training camp near the airport. room is sub standard, luckily the hot water runs well in the bathroom. breakfast menu was quite limited, but the taste was actually good. I had a red eye flight from Istanbul so I arrived at the hotel at 3 AM and they charged me for 1.5 day rate which cost me USD 150. With all the facility of a B&B, this is definitely overpriced.
I'd rather stay at one of the hotels at the downtown if I have a next chance to visit Nairobi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BillyGabriel
GMMvuliHouse, Web Marketing Officer at Mvuli House, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello,
Thank you for your review on Mvuli House, we appreciate it and thank you for your candid comments about your stay while at Mvuli House.
We would like to thank you for the compliment that you sent our way concerning the breakfast we serve, we make sure that we hire the best and that we provide our guests with the very best. Though we must point out that the items of our breakfast are more than your pictures highlight. We provide cereals, a wide array of fruits, juice, hot dishes as part of our breakfast menu and also provide eggs and bacon which are prepared upon request from the guest.
Being in a foreign place does sometime bring out the feeling of insecurity and we understand why you would have felt that you probably weren't safe to walk around the area around the hotel. We would like to dispel that fear by letting you know that the area around the hotel is quite safe to walk around, much safer than downtown Nairobi in fact ,since the hotel is located in a residential area.
In Nairobi, we do not yet have a system of metered taxis and as such, the hotel really does not have much control over the prices that the taxi drivers charge their passengers but the beauty in the services that they provide is that the prices are static and as you put it, negotiable.
We truly hope that you will give Mvuli another chance next time you visit Kenya and that you will come to share in the joys and delights of our other patrons who have made Mvuli a second home for them.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The rooms are small but other facilities are very good. The quality of staff is very high. The chefs were creative in preparing vegetarian food once the tips were given. The location is excellent. Facility for a safe morning walk due to the proximity to Nyayo Stadium.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Anand G
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was a great stay for us. Reasonably priced, good staff n pls try spicy chicken wings served at the breakfast Buffet as well as in their dining menu. We loved everything there. The room was good and staff was very responsive as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple