All reviews equipped apartment beautiful rooftop westgate mall rooftop pool within walking distance shopping mall stayed here supermarket bedroom tv westlands bathroom floor facilities reception guests safari
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2019

Stayed for two days. very nice new and well equipped apartment. friendly attentive staff. nice little pool with pool bar on rooftop . Restaurant on ground floor with good choie of decent dishes 4 minutes walk to Westgate mall (yes, the one : - ( .....). Everything at very decent price, close to all facilities and yet outside the trafic madness of Nairobi down town

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

The manager cant offer more then few dollars of compensation. Not able to find any arrangement. No way the have à discussion about what is the right way to face an overbooking issue.
I had to run away.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Claudio R
KingFN, Manager at Kingfisher Nest, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear Claudio,

I hope that you will accept my sincerest apology for failing to meet your expectations in regards to your booking with us. I am aware that you were disappointed with our services and I am very sorry for that.
I understand your frustration at having made a simple request to speak with a supervisor—someone who had the authority to fix the problem at hand. We let you down in that regard and for that, I am also sorry
Your second booking with us called for a room move and not a cancellation. I’m sorry that we failed to communicate better with you before you canceled your booking. I have since then held a training class on customer service, please be assured that this type of situation will never happen again. We have put new procedures in place as of your departure date, that will ensure that any customer who wants to speak with someone more senior, for any reason, will be transferred immediately.
I would like to extend a 50% off your next stay with us as a gesture of apology. We very much appreciate your business and hope that you will remain a valued customer.
If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally by phone, email, or in person.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Sincerely
Helen -King Fisher Nest

Reviewed February 19, 2019

Rooms were really nice, big and clean but it seems that the hotel is under a poor management. The breakfast was horrible, no selection and the hot food (egg!!) from the kitchen was under cook and not possible to eat! The rooms were hot at night and we read that we could ask for a fan but when we did they said that they only had 8 and none available so we spend 2 nights in Nairobi sweating and no sleep. It is a shame cause the place and location is really nice and we enjoyed the rooms but it doesn’t have the service you would expect from that standard.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of Kingfisher.

We failed to meet your expectations in certain aspects of your recent stay with us. After careful review of your concerns, we offer you our deepest apologies for having failed to give you the service all our residents expect.

We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services, following your feedback, we will focus our efforts to seek improvements in these highlighted areas of concern.
We would like to assure you that these are isolated cases and are not indicative of our usual service standards. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to change the impression you have of us.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you again at any one of our serviced

Best regards

Helen - Kingfisher

Reviewed February 11, 2019

A nice central location in Westlands. Close to Westgate mall. Good facilities in the apartment for cooking. A beautiful rooftop swimming pool with a beautiful view over Nairobi. Really a place to get back to again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our 2 nights stay at Kingfisher Nest.
It was spacious and clean. The WiFi worked very well.
A few minutes walk to Westgate Shopping Mall.
We felt safe in the apartment.
The restaurant (Italian & Indian) was good,too.
As we left early for our safari trip they made us packed breakfast and delivered to our room the night before.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
Only thing I noticed was towels in the bathrooms were all stained. Apart from that we were happy with Kingfisher Nest!

Date of stay: January 2019