“Great Sunday Lunch Spot”

Tamambo Karen Blixen
Ranked #3 of 600 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden Restaurant is located in a beautiful peaceful garden setting on Karen Road, on the site of the original Blixen farmhouse property. The Restaurant is open for breakfast from 06.00Am through to 10.00Pm. Diners have a fine choice of different areas for lunch or dinner. There is the indoor restaurant with adjacent outdoor terrace and garden, for a la carte dining. There are also a variety of functions areas such as the Grand Marquee Sultan style tent, available for 'royal style' wedding functions, dinners and conferences. The Grogan House is a lovely space for private dinners and exclusive functions For many Karen residents, the bar which opens out to a shisha lounge is a popular place to meet and mingle with delicious cocktails and bar snacks and satellite TV.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The family which includes my parents, my wife, kids go to the Tamambo often and always for Sunday lunch.

It is now our default restaurant for when we are looking for;

1. A place with a beautiful garden that allows us to soak in some sun and enjoy the Kenyan outdoors
2. Delicious food
3. Great service
4. Great value

The big kids usually prefer to order off the menu while for the little kids, we grab something quick off the buffet...perfect.

I sooooo recommend

3  Thank Mark M

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The restaurant is in a beautiful setting very green and leafy and the atmosphere of the place is great especially when the sun is out and you get to sit outside! I had a smoked salmon starter which is exactly what it says and they have great portions, my friend had the prawn bruschetta which was amazing! We also did the fillet beef and seared salmon (this is from the Tamarind Seafood restaurant) delicious. Clean plates all round!

2  Thank Rina126
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Have been going to Tamarind now for years. I am somewhat of a regular. Have never been disappointed by the quality and freshness of the food or the amazing service. The staff here are the best, attentive to fault, very polite and very very professional. I have celebrated many occasions here. My husband proposed to me here. It was an wonderful experience, he had planned it all with the staff and even though I kept changing my desert order and ended up ordering something that was off menu, they kept up with me. We even got a bottle of champagne on the house. We also had our wedding dinner here.....It was very private and cosy, our little table for two by the fire. Since then have been having lunches and dinner there. Definitely a must go.

2  Thank Njeri S
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The setting of this restaurant in the Karen Blixen Gardens is divine and the food doesn't disappoint. Service was a little slow but the staff recognised this and bought us complimentary Kachos (Kenyan Nachos). Servings were large and the flavours fantastic. Treat yourself if in Nairobi!

1  Thank rml247
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Beautiful garden, lovely staff and very tasty vegetarian food. would definitely recommend to all visitors