“FOOD WAS EXCELLENT!”

Tamambo Karen Blixen
Ranked #3 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamambo Karen Blixen Coffee Garden Restaurant is located in a beautiful peaceful garden setting on Karen Road, on the site of the original Blixen farmhouse property. The Restaurant is open for breakfast from 06.00Am through to 10.00Pm. Diners have a fine choice of different areas for lunch or dinner. There is the indoor restaurant with adjacent outdoor terrace and garden, for a la carte dining. There are also a variety of functions areas such as the Grand Marquee Sultan style tent, available for 'royal style' wedding functions, dinners and conferences. The Grogan House is a lovely space for private dinners and exclusive functions For many Karen residents, the bar which opens out to a shisha lounge is a popular place to meet and mingle with delicious cocktails and bar snacks and satellite TV.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We found that most of the food in kenya was aimed at recreating british food, which isn't that great to begin with. This restaurant hit the nail on the head - food was excellent!! We actually ate here twice, once before we went out on safari and then once when we returned. We wished we had gotten to eat here the whole time. I highly recommend this place, the atmosphere is amazing as well.

1  Thank Mary K

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I like the ambience, & dark wood theme of the bar. I also like the soft background music, it's a great place to have conversation. Even ideal for a business meeting.

1  Thank Anthony_Buogha
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pampered is what I felt here. Seated outside on a warm, balmy winter day (same as Spring in Australia) with a delicious menu to choose from and beautiful garden surroundings. Modern and clean facilities.

1  Thank JanleeCanberra
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Tamambo Karen Blixen is a wonderful gateway. The well manicured and spacious gardens gives a sense of serenity and tranquility. Not only is it a place of rejuvenation but also a place to get your creative juices flowing with the help of the timeless architecture and rich history. Let me not get to the food... I have one word, perfect! Prepared in good time and tasty! One thing that will linger in your mind after visiting Karen Blixen is the service. A service with a smile and rare dedication. They obviously have a loyal customer with me and my family!

1  Thank Laura K
Reviewed July 10, 2012

One of the best restaurants in the periphery of Nairobi

1  Thank Perminus