Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Best Camping Tours & Safaris tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Best Camping Tours & Safaris
from $1,070.00
from $425.00
from $360.00
More Info
All reviews basic camping samburu lodge any questions or concerns planned itinerary no hesitation in recommending lake nakuru above expectations mount kenya dream come true his team anyone planning game drives memorable trip asante sana the entire trip safe driver kenyan safari
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2019

Our trip: safaris to Samburu and Maasai Mara plus Nakuru, Thomsons Falls. Housing and comfortable campsites.
Excellent guide Joseph attentive. He did his best to find the best spots.
Thanks to him, we saw all the main animals: lions, leopards , rhinos, elephants, cheetahs ..
The boss Imraam very kind and welcoming. The whole team is professional and at the top.

Date of experience: February 2019
bestcampingtours, Owner at Best Camping Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Lulla,

Jambo! Thank you for your review and your kind words about Joseph. We were glad to host you on our safari and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Karibu.

Imraan

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

When I first booked our 7-day tour (Amboseli, Hell’s Gate, Lake Navaisha, Nakuru and Masai Mara), I was a little uncertain as to what we should expect from Best Camping. No uncertainty required - our contact, Imraan always responded quickly to messages and answered all our questions before we arrived.

Joseph our driver was a very steady driver (I’m usually a nervous passenger). He was very knowledgeable about all things Kenyan and of course about the animals.

The accommodations ranged from quite luxurious to seventies-style bungalow/lodge to the bush camp just outside the Masai gate as expected on our itinerary. I suppose one of the unexpected bonuses on the trip was the standard and quality of the food. We were amazed in fact we felt slightly over fed - three really very nicely cooked hot meals a day doesn’t do much for the waistline but was a treat! The highlights were the food at the Kilima Lodge in Amboseli and Steven’s cooking over an open fire at the Masai bush camp.

All the trips to the parks and guided tours were really well done and we saw so many animals thanks to Joseph’s persistence and knowledge. The itinerary was quite intense but if you plan some down time after the tour, you soon recover from the long road trips and game drives.

The Masai bush camp was very basic which was fine for us as we are seasoned campers. When I say basic I mean sharing a loo and shower with lizards and insects and fairly uncomfortable but functional camp beds-basic. Hot water showers provided from the wood burning tank and electricity via a generator fired up in the evening so you can charge devices for a short time if you bring your charger. You can pay $5 a head to swim in the pool next to the campsite which we did on the last day.

Just a thought: I’m not sure how the van would cope in the rains as it’s not 4wd - we were lucky that the rains held off during our tour so we went off the main trails into hard to reach places and saw lots of animals that wouldn’t have necessarily seen from the main trails.

Definitely highly recommended!!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank Zoecal

Dear Zoe and family,

Such a pleasure it was to have you all on our safari and we are thrilled that you had a great time. Hopefully you can share some photos with us soon.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for your feedback. We look forward to having you on our safari again.

Asante sana

Imraan

Reviewed March 4, 2019

Imraan gave us a great experience of Kenya from the first point of contact 10 months prior to our trip he was always patient with our 1000's of questions !! Communication with him was fantastic he was always in contact via email and whatsapp. His advise about which side of the Masai was the best at the time of year we visited to his recommendations of accommodation was spot on. We had a guide Thomas and our driver Joseph who was with us from the time we landed until they handed us over to Joe our Safari driver who was fabulous too. When we flew back to Nairobi Thomas and Joseph were on hand to take us shopping etc.
For a well planned itinerary and a superb experience along with great value and Imraan personal touch. We have no hesitation in recommending BEST CAMPING !!!

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 8, 2019

I write this review from the perspective of a planner as I organized the tour with BCT for my parents. My experience from the first communication until after my parents returned to our home country was phenomenal. Imraan was extremely responsive and helpful answering all of my questions. He even arranged for an airport pick-up/drop-off. We offered me and my parents his cell phone number and advised us to contact him with any questions or concerns.

Once in Kenya on the tour, my parents raved about the entire experience- from the amazing luxury tent accommodations and food to the overwhelming friendly staff, tour guides, and drivers. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable. They were able to capture some amazing photos and videos of the big 5 and other animals.

I cannot say enough times that I'm thrilled to have selected BCT for my parents. You will not be disappointed at all.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019

Very well planned itinerary, stayed in very comfortable lodges and camps(luxury tents), sumptuous buffet meals with variety. The drivers/guides were knowledgeable, knew the terrain and locations within the national parks for successful viewing of the big five and other animals. The game drives were well timed and provided good opportunity for viewing the animals at various times of the day.

Date of experience: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
bestcampingtours, Manager at Best Camping Tours & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Dear Sameer, Mala and Family,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to write us a review.

It was a pleasure meeting you all and having you travel with us.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

Shiraz, Imraan & the Best Camping Team