“Worst steak in Nairobi! Disappointed!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #385 of 463 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Nairobi, Kenya
“Worst steak in Nairobi! Disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to veranda restaurant for lunch today sat january 12th ,we ordered veg soup and 3 T-bone steaks which were not fresh and chips were stale ,sauce was served one teaspoon we asked for more they told us they din't have any more left, and the chef refused to make more. I have been to this restaurant 20 times service has always been very bad they see faces and give service apparently but this time the food too put us completely off. For example, the soup was tasteless,bread served with soup was hard. Honestly I am very disappointed and I don't think any of us will ever go back to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

“Wonderful food and a chance to enjoy beautiful weather!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Delicious spinach ravioli. Wonderful service. The open air feeling gives full opportunity to enjoy the perfect weather. The key lime cheesecake and French press Kenyan coffee was a treat.

• 4 of 5 stars
Nairobi, Kenya
“Nice seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had several times very nice seafood dishes in this restaurant, sitting outside in a nice garden.

Visited April 2012
Jackson, TN
“My Favorite Restaurant in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I love the Verandah!! I eat here nearly every year and have never been disappointed. I always get the salmon with dill sauce, and those wonderful "chips" (french fries). I love eating outdoors and the surrounding flowers and greenery. My husband and I ate here on our 31st anniversary last year. We always visit the huge gift shop next door, and have bought several things there that you can't find in the cheaper markets. I will continue to visit the Verandah when I go to Kenya.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very average food served...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

Very average food served on a patio with umbrellas and gazebos. Next to a house containing well-displayed and VERY expensive Kenyan souvenirs. VIEW it here, but don't BUY it here.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook