“Could be better”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Could be better”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Mercury Lounge has so much potential. First, the ambience is great. Really nice sitting both on the inside and outside and great reception when you enter. Order your first drink and then it goes downhill. Perhaps there's a sign somewhere that states 'self service after your first order'. The waiters and waitresses are all hanging around looking busy, but not sure serving who. We had to walk to the counter pretty much we needed top up on drinks. Ok, lets talk food. I have read other reviews saying the food is descent, so I will conclude the ONE AND ONLY time we ate here (pork chops) the chef had a bad day because it came burnt. The music, I must say was quite good.

1 Thank AMigwi

Nairobi, Kenya
“Raising the service and lounge bar in Kenya”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Born and bred here in Nairobi Kenya and being a someone that does not shy away from going out from time to time... I have found myself being a complete fanatic about quality and service standards in restaurants and eateries in Nairobi. For lack of another word all I can say is FABULOUS

Mercury Lounge has managed to find the perfect balance between style, ambiance service and food quality. Not wanting to be a walking talking billboard for them, and I am right now... I find their cocktails spot on, the music and the DJ's most excellent and entertaining. I would and will go back again and again and again... go go go its awesome awesome awesome and make sure you try their Mojitos... aye caramaba! :)

• Visited July 2012
“Brilliant”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I loved it. The food was great and service was excellent. A very unique product, on of a kind keep it up.

• Visited August 2012
“Terrible Terrible Terrible”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The service at Mercury Lounge has a lot to be desired. The fact that I went on a busy Saturday night has nothing to do with it.My friends and I (a party of 8 pax) found a seat near the dj's booth. Trying to get the waiters attention was like trying to get water out of a stone. Pathetic. And when I went all the way to the bar to get help, I was received with blank stares as though being shouted at by customers was the norm. We eventually got our orders taken and even then only half the order was served 30 minutes later. And when we spoke to the waiter all he could say was I did not give him my order but must have given it to someone else.
I appreciate the fact that it was a busy Saturday night, but surely, if you KNOW you are going to be busy why doesn't management plan accordingly?Why must I suffer for their lack of foresight??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The waiters also need to be trained accordingly in handling customer complaints. Requests to see the manager were duly ignored and I got the impression that my presence there was not important at all. What they seem to forget is that, it is because of their customers patronage that they are in business.
Needless to say I will NEVER go back there again..and I will duly advise anyone who asks to go there at their own risk.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank LocalTraveller254
Alexandria, Egypt
“Supposed to be Good”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

the Place is well Decorated, service is good, but music SUCKS, these african DJ's knows NOTHING about Muzik, I went on Saturday, place was half Full, it was almost 11.30 so it should be prime time fro Music, but it was so dull, i finished my beer & left.

Visited July 2012