“Great seafood in nice surroundings”

Mandhari Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 677 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A celebrated fine-dining experience, Mandhari offers an unusually diverse yet intuitively chosen menu that has been designed to showcase the talent of our Chef and the diversity of our local, regional and international dishes. And, as you might expect, our menu is supported by an exceptionally comprehensive wine cellar.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food here, especially the seafood. We had a business dinner for 8 people before heading to the airport and I would recommend it. Good selection of starters and main courses and reasonable choice of wine. The restaurant is upstairs from the main hotel restaurant at the Serena. In these difficult times from a security perspective being inside the hotel security is an additional plus.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have dined here 3 times and they were consistent in providing awesome service and fresh food that was superbly presented.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I cannot recall ever having had such a wonderful seafood experience on all my worldly travels. All freshly prepared and superbly presented. Sincere thanks to Executive Chef Roy and his very capable team for making the dinner such a memorable occasion, and to Joyce and Maria (and not forgetting Louis!!) for the great company.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a luxury French style restaurant within the best hotel in town, the Serena hotel.

The setting is very nice and very comfortable and the service as in the rest of the hotel (except for the cafe Maghreb) is absolutely perfect.

So why did I put 3 stars only? Because of wine and food! Isn't that the most important than the restaurant?!

And food here is disappointing, not bad and even very well presented but the tastes are not there. I had both lunch and dinner and came to the same conclusion. This restaurant's is advised by a French chef from Provence I happen to know Emile Loubet: I wouldn't say he's the best choice as an adviser or a consultant. First there are many better chefs in France and second if Mr Loubet is certainly a good cook he must not spend very much time in the kitchen here...

As for the wine list, its close from being a bloody shame: mistakes, wrong comments, lousy choices. I don't know who picked wines but certainly no expert!

The setting is so nice and the service so great that it is a true pity that more efforts are not made on the gastronomical side.

1  Thank Luberon1
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great service than I ever expected! Food was great too. Really awesome service from the waiters. I really enjoyed the fact that I mentioned it was a birthday dinner and they baked a cake for us and presented it with a song by the pianist. It was fun!