“The very best sushi in the region”

Furusato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 564 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Kigali Rwanda
“The very best sushi in the region”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've now eaten here a few times in the past couple of months and have found the quality to be the best I've had in Africa. The butter fish and salmon are exceptional; tuna with avocado salad extraordinary, and service is first rate. There's a hibachi area as well that I haven't tried yet.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good...getting better with time”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had visited Furusato several time 2012 and they seem they are getting better with time. They used to serve the wrong items, rude waiters and when ordering for take always it would take forever to be delivered. But with time they have really improved and I would recommend it.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place with good outdoor seating”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had a nice meal here. My colleagues were not as adventurous eaters as I am and we all shared food, so I wasn't able to be as adventurous as I would have liked, but what we had was good quality.

Visited January 2013
Munich, Germany
“Best Japanese food in Kenya”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Title explains it all. Expect to pay western prices; the plus side being, expect western quality and service. The place is always packed with the Japanese diaspora, which is a good sign. The interior is beautiful, as is the building itself. If you go after sundown, you might have to wait for a table. I guess you could also just make a reservation, but I'm not sure if they take them.

• Visited April 2012
Kitchener, Canada
“Excellent sushi”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Loved this place and visited it often. The sushi is excellent and the service is impecable. I would love to come back for my next trip to Nairobi.

Visited January 2012