“Good, but not fantastic”
Review of Marble Arch Hotel

Marble Arch Hotel
Ranked #81 of 164 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Good, but not fantastic”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located at the heart of Nairobi city, Marble Arch hotel is worth considering if you have something to do late atmnight within the NCBD. If you are looking for a cozy place, look elsewhere. It is practical, not cossy. If you are paranoid, about your security, this is not for you, even though it is not insecure. Food is amazing. The staff is very courteous.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aroundtheworldformak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harrisburg
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Marble Arch, Nairobi, Kenya, every year since 2008. The service is the best ever, and the staff is the most courteous I've ever encountered. In addition, the food is WONDERFUL! The hotel is quaint but beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sondra S
Imma2013, General Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2014
Thanks Pastor Sondra for the compliments.
It is always a joy and a blessing to have you all in our hotel. looking forward to your coming visit.

The lord Bless you and keep you.

Immaculate

Hotel Manager
Sydney
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here one night on a layover. I arrived at the Marble as the hotel I was booked at, had no rooms after booking on Bookings.com (nightmare). I checked on line for other options under 150USD and the Marble came up. The Marble hotel is right in Nairobi town. It’s easy to get to depending on the traffic and they have an airport shuttle service. Now, the room is basic and the bathroom old style, but things were general clean and tidy, TV forget it.
The staff where the real winners for me, I had European cheese/sausage to put in the restaurants fridge overnight, which the staff looked after for me. The restaurant was OK with a good mash and chicken dish i ordered late, approx 1130pm and the check-in staff were helpful. reception staff repeated several times not to leave anything valuable in the room, they have a safe at reception. This made me a little uncomfortable.
Unfortunately in the morning at 5 am there were Christian evangelists on a megaphone, next to the hotel, or in a church, I don’t know which one, the room had no insulation, so needless to say I was wide awake listening to evangelists in full swing. At 5am it was really loud!
This hotel was ok for me as a quick fix, but I will not be staying again, if I can help it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AidanandLucia
Imma2013, Manager at Marble Arch Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear esteemed client,

Thank you very much for your review and valuable feedback on your stay with us. We are glad that you liked the hotel and we will talk with our neighbors about the noise and contain it.
It was nice hosting you. Wishing you all the best.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I always try to give a chance to hotels, whenever I travel, specially when its for business...I had booked 4 days in this hotel but on the first night I decided to leave and moved to the LAICO Regency.
The hotel is very cheap, but from the entrance to the room its freaking dirty and ugly!
The room itself is very dark and it sometimes resembled a room from those African movies where they hold hostages in tense scenes.
The location of the hotel is very central, but its right in the middle of a main bus station...a little bit scary to go outside by myself and it was incredibly loud!
The only plus is that the waiter of the breakfast was nice enough to be teach me about Kenyan food and shared a little bit about his land! The city itself is lovely, but I think people should avoid this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Suzano_BR

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Pasco, Washington
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Marble Arch is a nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. I have stayed there on a couple of occasions and plan on staying there again this year. Traveler's must be aware that at the airport there are some very helpful people who have been hired by other agencies to scam people into going to other motels or even use a different taxi service. Marble Arch has always had driver's at the airport awaiting our arrival, and get us back to the airport in plenty of time for our next flight. We were scammed last year by helpful transportation people who steered us away from our hotel pick up, made a false call to the hotel and assured us the hotel had sent transport for a different group of people...we believed them and allowed them to transport us only to arrive at the hotel and discover we had left our ride standing on the sidewalk.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lalanluv
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I didn't stay there, but - was travelling in December 2011 and booked a room for 2 nights in Marble Arch Hotel, however (!) in the airport my guide told that this hotel was bombed the night before (some Somalian fanatics threw a grenade in a window) and we are going to go to another place

Marble Arch is in official list of places to avoid by tourist because of it proximity to the mosque - popular place for attacks by Al-Qaeda. Be careful if you decide to stay there

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo