We have been living in Tanzania for 14 years. We travel to Nairobi a few times a year. There are other places we have stayed, but there are several things that keep us coming back to Mennonite. They have the best gardens and ambiance. The staff has always been professional. They make every effort to accommodate special needs.
Advantage of Mennonite:
1. Good safe location with secure parking.
2. Rooms are simple, but clean.
3. Free Internet.
4. A family room for children to play in, with books and toys.
5. Nice buffet style meals served.
6. Morning and afternoon tea is nice for those who are resting.
7. There is a taxi service that has rates that are quoted depending on location.
8. Walking distance to the bus line, if you want to go to the town center.
10. We meet great people from all around the world every time we go.
11. Very close to some of the most popular shopping malls.
12. Backup generator for constant power.
13. Great library of books.
14. Safes are located in most rooms. You can lock up important stuff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amani Gardens Inn, formerly the Mennonite Guest House has a 50-year reputation of warm hospitality and quiet gardens. Located in Westlands, our guest house is situated conveniently close to major shopping malls, banking centers, and restaurants, yet the place still retains the feel of a retreat in the countryside with our old English-style buildings and ancient trees. You can spend the morning quietly reading under a 100-year old jacaranda tree, or hop in a taxi and be exploring down town a few minutes later. Amani means peace in Swahili which is a distinctive of the Mennonites. We hope you will find our gardens a peaceful oasis in the middle of a bustling city. Amani means peace in Kiswahili. Spacious gardens, friendly staff, and traditional American food bring our guests back again and again. Amani Gardens is under the Mennonite Board of East Africa. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Mennonite Guesthouse Hotel Nairobi