“Restful, comfortable - lovely place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Mayfield Guest House
Ranked #54 of 287 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at Mayfield on my way to and from a mission trip to Nakuru, Kenya. The rooms were comfortable with nice pillows and mattresses and windows that opened to cooling breezes. It was refreshing to have a wonderful warm shower and soft, sweet smelling towels. Meals are family style and scheduled so you have a chance to sit down with others - often missionaries going to and from their fields - and have great conversations and fellowship. On our way back to the States, we used Mayfield as a resting spot before heading to the airport. We did not stay overnight but had rooms for changing clothes and a bathroom or two to freshen up. Mayfield has a lovely garden area with a quiet place to sit and read or chat with friends. And it has WiFi so you can catch up with friends and family back home. The staff are really lovely too!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have stayed at Mayfield a few times, and have always been happy. I am a missionary working in Tanzania, so it is always a treat to come up to Nairobi and network with other missionaries. Oh and the hot showers are something I enjoy. The staff is very accomodating, the family style meals are great and the food is good. I stayed once for two weeks, along with a teenager who needed surgery. The staff made sure we were on time to doctor appointments and they made sure she had meals she could eat after surgery. I go up sometimes to pick up new teams and volunteers, and would never take them anywhere else. It is about 5 minutes from a couple of shopping malls, and pretty close to the bus stand. I love staying at Mayfield.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rachel T
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have just return from our latest Kenya mission trip. We tried Mayfield for the first time for our Nairobi stay as we were coming and going to our area of ministry. Good points: Feels like family, Clean, very clean, Safe feeling with security guard and gate, Good food (Baked Spaghetti & salad was yum), wireless internet, Great towels, In-room sink, Suitcases fit under bed, closet available, Electricity day and night, Kids play room, library, Filtered water, Mosquito nets, desk, and Hot showers. Down side: Although they request quiet after 9pm, hall noise is easy to hear. tub, showers & toilets were down the hall and shared and the pillows were extra firm. I hope they will spring for some new pillows soon. I sent them an email to suggest it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank peajay5
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed here on multiple occasions, very friendly place and conveniently positioned just off Ngong road. Rooms are pleasant, comfortable with mosquito nets, desk, drinkable water in a jug and sink. Toilets and showering facilities close by with hot water.
Food is good, Kenyan staff are lovely and theres quick and free wifi included. Will be returning to Mayfield when back in Nairobi.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We recently stayed at Mayfield en route to and from Uganda. I last stayed at Mayfield when working in East Africa over forty years ago. Since that time there have been major expansions to the guest house. The accommodation and food were certainly very acceptable and the Kenyan workers were excellent. It was also good to enjoy stimulating and uplifting conversation at meals. I was not happy with the cost. Although we were going to Uganda to do volunteer work with a Christian group we were still charged the full rate and what particularly disturbed me was that being offered a day room for our final day we were charged the full rate. No prior indication was given that this would be the case and it simply involved one extra meal and being allowed to stay in our room until our flight time in the afternoon. So unless you are working with the A.I.M. you need to be aware the place is not particularly cheap and unless you are loaded with money do not ask for a day room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cestrefeldian
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I had heard of Mayfield over the years from several missionaries who had enjoyed its hospitality. I was not disappointed at all when I had the pleasure of staying there in May. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the facilities met all my needs and the food and friendship in the dining room was wonderful. The grounds provided a quiet place to read and re-focus.

The staff were very helpful and went beyond what they needed to in order to assist.

I plan on staying there on every future visit to Nairobi.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank 19PaulH
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I have stayed here several times. Staff is helpful. Rooms are clean. Not a fancy place but good for Nairobi. Shared bathrooms. Plenty of them. Hot Showers. Hot breakfast. Airport transport service available. Grounds are nice. Wireless (when it works).

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends