New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Tribe Hotel

Tribe Hotel
Ranked #9 of 161 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Jiko Restaurant is fabulous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I haven't stayed in the hotel itself, but I use the restaurant in the basement quite often. The food is delicious, the staffs are very polite and courteous and service is great.
I order my cakes there also, I must say, their white chocolate is the creamiest, most tasty I have had without it being sugary. Chef Anne made really good cakes for me and my daughter and even replaced a cake that didn't taste exactly as I wanted . The price is on the high end , but for the service and quality , it is worth it!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed at Tribe on several occasions on transit for business and always make it my first choice. With a hectic schedule I find Tribe a haven of peace in Westlands where the service and food are excellent so I don't have any stress. I find the decor outstanding and unique so you don't feel like you are in a hotel that is the same as many others. With the stressful travles I often go to Kaya spa which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND……I have had spa treatments all over the world and this is certainly up there with the best of them. Also important to me because of the work I do is that the environment is safe and secure…..with embassies and the UN as neighbors Tribe is situated in a safe neighborhood. Additionally, as a single woman traveler going out late at night or for meals can be difficult, but with the nearby village Market shopping centre within the same premises as Tribe it offers alternatives to the hotel while remaining secure. I just think this is an excellent all round option!

Room Tip: I had a problem with internet in one of the rooms on the floor below ground. I am not sure that thi...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

It was really a wonderful stay with your hotel, except the two facts below:
1) When I checked in, the refregirator was not working. I asked the reception to fix it, and upon confirmation of repaird done, I went back to my room but it was not working again.
2) When I checked in, a small amount of water was constantly running in the toilet. I asked the reception to fix it and the repair man came and I was told that it repaired. However, when I went back to the room, I saw that the repair was not complete; less amount of water was still running making sound which may disturb my sleep during the night. I asked the repair and this time I thought it was completely fixed. To my biggest disappointment, it was not the case. On the 3rd night, the water pipe of the toilet exploded at 3:00 am in the night. I was waken up due to the big noise, and I immediately called the reception. The guy was not rude but not apologetic either. I was the one suffering, but he treated the case as if it is my problem, and no apology. At 3:20, a repair man came and started to repair, but seeing as at 4:00 it requring more time, I told the repair man to give up and suggested both of us go back to bed, saying I would survive without shower in the following morning.
Having said above, however, the quality of your hotel was superb and would like to come back when I have a chance to visit Nairobi again. I therefore kindly advise that the maintenance is made with more carefulness. Thank you

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Masahiro K
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very skilled and excellent staff! Mark this hotell if you´re into business or need the little extra when you stay in Nairobi. Excellent rooms with great bathrooms, great lobby and outside areas for relaxed hours.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Maaseik (Belgium)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

A nice hotel, good services, very helpful personnel and staf. It is a bit expensive, but is conveniently located (for those having things to do around Westlands), it is located within a shopping centre where there are some good eating places (with very decent prices and a choice of tastes). We had a very good stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Banjarmasin, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed in the Tribe on transit. very pleasant staff, comfortable room and an excellent spa. The village market is right next door and every Friday there's the Masai market for your handicrafts/souvenir needs.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face the garden and pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I recently stayed at the Tribe hotel for my vacation and I LOVED it and highly recommend this hotel! The staff is very nice and remembered my name, which made me feel at home. I had the chance to go on some tours they offer and Benjamin our tour guide was EXCELLENT!! He really made the tour special with his knowledge of each place he took us. Cameline in concierge really took care of our needs and made sure we had a fun and comfortable stay. Thank you to the entire Tribe staff for making my first trip to Nairobi fun, memorable, and welcoming!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family