I have stayed in Tribe Hotel Nairobi from 26 - 29 Jun 2013 and this my review:
1. Hotel design & Interior is noticeably amazing and with good composition.
2. Reception - Needs more training dealing with both the guest and the bell man located two meters from the reception desk.
3. Hotel Main Restaurant - aside from their break fast which is fantastic, the lunch and dinner menu is just bad with exception of their Lobster Roll which really good and cooked perfectly. But this is not good enough as I had to walk to the Village Market (http://villagemarket-kenya.com/), thank GOD it was next door to find good food to eat.
My recommendation next time I will try another Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set apart from the crowded city centre and a modern contrast to a city of colonially-inspired getaways, Tribe Hotel located in the lush suburbs of the city echoes nothing but the ultimate in luxury and tranquility. It’s sleek architecture and crisp lines are sure to set forth a brand new experience in hotel accommodation. Drawing inspiration from its African heritage, the interior of the hotel boasts exquisite art, crafts and furnishings handpicked from the farthest corners of the continent. Each of the 137 rooms is carefully designed to whisk you away from the average mundane hotel room into a world of chic and hip design with an emphasis on detail and luxury. An ideal destination for those craving increased intimacy and comfort with an added dose of personal service. From free high speed internet access, complimentary mini bars, luxury airport transfers, warm welcomes to express check in and check-out facilities, you can be sure that Tribe understands the individual needs of just about any traveler! Adjacent to the hotel is The Village Market, the largest shopping and recreational complex in Eastern Africa, and Nairobi’s premier retail and cultural destination. With over 150 shops and services, set within flowing rivers and waterfalls. It is also home to the weekly Maasai Market which hosts 350 artists for a colorful display of crafts, paintings, beadworks and fabrics every Friday. Bringing a whole new pampering experience to Nairobi is the hotel’s Kaya Spa. Using carefully selected products, Kaya’s uniquely developed treatments are designed to harmonize both the body and mind. The six treatment rooms infuse a sense of tranquility through inspiring design and decor that is sure to contribute to the relaxation and re-invigoration of your entire spa experience. Tribe’s signature restaurant recently launched a brand new menu carefully designed by the Executive Chef and his team. Inspired by the open flame grill, the menu is a tribute to local farmers; paying homage to crisp flavors and fresh, organic ingredients. The Jiko team has also reinvented Tribe’s famous Sunday brunch; the perfectly constructed menu features an extended dessert buffet, unlimited breezy cocktails, amongst an array of other feasts for the entire family. Jiko authentically holds true to the glamour of the hotel while offering guests the delights of whimsy and fantasy through a playful approach to presentation. Located on the lobby level of the hotel, Suite 101, the new pastry offering at Tribe, is a place where you can come at anytime of the day. Using only the finest ingredients, the pastry shop offers an array of hot and cold treats ranging from custom and novelty cakes, decadent French macaroons, designer cupcakes, homemade chocolates and ice creams to bespoke sandwiches made using daily freshly baked bread. Whether it be for some intimate time alone with a tall mug of chai tea latte and a deliciously delectable pastry or a high tea with friends, Suite 101 is definitely a must try for any sweet tooth! Tribe’s serene, charming and charismatic surroundings undoubtedly place it among the most striking, and luxurious boutique properties on the African continent, guaranteeing to meet and exceed the needs of any guest from jet setting celebrities to time constrained business travelers looking to add an urban flair to their Kenya-getaways! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tribe Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tribe The Village Market Hotel