Tribe Hotel
$109
$78
Priceline
1,050 results
All reviewsvillage marketkaya spajiko restaurantafrican artboutique hotelshopping mallunited nationsbeautiful hotelfourth floorpublic areasrooftop barbusiness tripnairobi trafficembassieskenyagymsecurity
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I don't wanna sound like I am exaggerating here; this hotel deserves a 6-star rating. It's one of the classiest, friendliest, and most convenient hotels I have stayed in in my life. The hotel is trendy; staff are super professional and friendly; and the food at the main restaurant is just amazing. It's clean, tidy, facilities are excellent, and the staff attend to your needs in a very personalized and efficient manner. One of the reasons I enjoyed my visit to Kenya was this hotel. I stayed for business and I wish I can bring my wife in the future to this hotel for a pleasure trip. don't hesitate and book here on your next trip to Kenya. One last note: the hotel is almost a walking distance from the UN camp if you're planning to come here on a business trip to the uptown district of Nairobi,

Room Tip: The hotel is surrounded by luch green areas from every angle so it doesn't make a difference which room to choose.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank YousefOmar
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

After arriving at the hotel at 4am after a very long international trip, we were pleasantly surprised at this amazing hotel. The staff were so friendly and accommodating the moment we arrived. They offered to prepare something for us in the kitchen if we were hungry and showed us to our room.

The room is small but perfect for what you need. Comfy beds, air conditioning, hot showers with good pressure. We were very happy. We wanted a place to be comfortable and get over our jet leg before heading on safari. Tribe more than met those expectations!

We were blown away with how friendly the staff were and how willing to help. The food is amazing! Breakfast is served buffet and there is something for everyone. We also had dinner at the hotel. The restaurant has great options, a little higher end menu, but with very reasonable pricing.

The Village Market is great if you want to venture out from the hotel but not go far. Live music, shopping and food. Enough to keep you entertained for an afternoon of evening.

We have decided to return to Tribe for our 2 nights before flying home and would not hesitate to suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank ashgToronto
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been to several hotels in Nairobi and this was the best one. IT's a unique design. I loved this hotel and my son did too. The room was very clean but a bit small and it was a bit noisy with the construction outside. Bathroom is beautiful and clean.
Common areas are warm and nice. The sealing is amazing. Bar is nice. I loved the spa. The Thai massage and the reflexology were the best I've ever had. Staff in the spa are very friendly.
It's a walking distance to Village Market. The Manager is very Professional and committed. I had lost my passport at the Village Market and it was at night but he managed to retrieve it from the Village Market. That was very efficient. I will definitely go back to this trendy and unique Hotel.

Room Tip: It's better to get rooms at higher floors to avoid noise in case there is construction.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Josiane T
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The service of the employees at the Tribe Hotel was of the best I have experienced. They dealt with every issue and request with genuine care and interest. They really seemed to care about teh customers.

The accommodation was excellent and the decor stunning. I would recommend the Tribe to anyone passing through Nairobi.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank StevieG_1967
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed here in November '12 for a 5-day business trip. I liked the design and style of the hotel. Staff was very friendly. The restaurant was nice with a decent choice for breakfast and dinner (no sickness on my side, despite trying out quite a bit :-)). The service in the restaurant was partly a bit slow though, so don't go if you are in a hurry...
I had a massage in the spa facilities, which was of very high quality and in a nice setting. The meeting rooms were very good as well. Each evening a staff member brought some chocolate to the room, which was of course a nice surprise! The downside was that the hotel is quite outside, so no matter where in Nairobi you wanna go, there is a long commuting involved. Right next to the hotel there was a big construction, but I didn't feel disturbed by it. There is also asmall shopping mall next to the hotel, but I didn't have time to visit.

Room Tip: I wouldn't necessarily choose the souterain rooms, though they are close to facilities (restaurant, pool, meeting rooms).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business