“Good mexican”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Pub, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you are in NBO and want some good mexican food, come here. Service is decent, and the food is good.

1  Thank infinitemass
There are newer reviews for Havana Bar & Restaurante

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not very big, can get overcrowded and very noisy at times, however still u can manage to enjoy a beer or two and watch some soccer live

1  Thank Kapil V
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Havana is one of those places you inevitably end up on at least once every couple of weeks in Nairobi.
Sometimes known as UN-central, it lives up to most expat expectations for what they need on a thursday night out.
I wouldn't even bother writing a review if it weren't for one constant at Havana: the waiters will inevitably try to rip you off when the time comes to pay the bill.
I know, this is Nairobi, always check the bill and make sure you get the right change.
But something about Havana really really takes the biscuit.
I recently ordered two drinks at the bar (assuming that by ordering at the bar the chances of being ripped off were slimmer). The total came to 520ksh and unfortunately I only had a 1000ksh note and could not find 20bob to make the change more straightforward.
Anyway, I hand over my note with apologies and the waiter says no problem. Three minutes later he comes back with 340ksh change. Now, maths was never my strong point but even I know that 1000-520 does not equal 340!!!!!
It took a further ten minutes to sort everything out during which time I had to call the manager and spend a long time explaining that the error was in no way mine.
Had this been a one off I would have put this down to being a mistake but I'm not joking when I tell you that something like this happens every single time.
SORT YOUR STAFF OUT HAVANA!

2  Thank whatktdoes
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was recommended by a friend who had eaten a good pizza after a lot of beer -- and that may be the key to happiness here. We went sober, ordered from the more sophisticated side of the menu and were severely disappointed. Worst of all was the negligent service -- we practically had to tackle the waitresses to get service. And "tackle" is an appropriate word because they were all too busy watching football in the bar to wait on us properly. Aside from my friend and me, the only other customers eating dinner were European men over 60 with thin, extremely attractive African women in their early 20s. That may be another clue as to whether this is really intended to be a restaurant . . . .

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Gets over crowded, very unsafe when going there or walking out coz to many big dangerous street boys who pretend they want some money but look for an opportunity to steal your handbag,jewellery. Be very careful,ask a guard to escort you to your car or taxi and be sure to tip him for next time.