“Great food but service is so so” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Arusha, Tanzania
“Great food but service is so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always like the food that is creatively presented and is always fresh. Sometimes the wait staff are a bit blase about their work. My kids love it and its a nice place to chill on Sudany morning at Junction Mall. Smoked salmon bagel is my favorite as its not easy to find in Nairobi. If this place was anywhere in the western world it would be very ordinary but for Nairobi its great. Working in Juba makes me appreciate this type of cafe.

• Visited February 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The management are effective such that the serving whatever is good. The dishes are well designed and very tasty. The staff are hand picked by the manager and do an excellent service.

Visited March 2013
“Good food, rubbish service and either owner or manager is a Racisit, never would I recommend any one!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went in for dinner with a couple of friends, no one was there to sit us down as waiters manager was busy attending to other customers. We found an empty table were we made ourselves comfortable, 5pax. Minutes later another group of white clients entered the restaurant 4pax, at this point no waiter or manager has approached us! We saw this one man who we believed was the manager approaching the group of 4whites and welcoming them, he then called a male waiter in a black shirt and we noticed that the manager was pointing towards our table and we thought phew someone has noticed our presence! The waiter came introduced himself and told us the table had been reserved by someone else and if we could get up and stand aside patiently for them to find us a table, the waiter did not even start by apologiseing, next thing we see is the group of whites being seated by the manager and taking their orders whiles we stand and watch, I wanted to walk out but my friends were "don't worry the food is great" I was visiting from the UK and I thought that was bizarre and the service was not close to the standard, stuff at MacDonalds can do better service! We had waited to be seated approximately 15mins, after we are sat ourselves earlier for another 10mins, and finally when our orders came they were mixup and wrong, no apologies yet again, we asked for the manager and the waiter kept saying "he is coming" till we finished our meal, but spotted the manager talking to the whites whiles they enjoyed their meal and I wondered wether he was gong put it they were comfortable! We spent something like roughly £60, and I wondered how much the whites guys had sent for being treated differently from us! We left dossapointed without the sign of manager! Very unprofessional and would recommend managers for for a thorough intensive training in customer service as it is obvious they have no management skills leave alone customer service! The worst service ever in a restaurant!! Never recommend any of our clients as I work for Thomson Travel Agent in the UK, will never

• 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank Mbuy
Mombasa
“Food is great but the place is to crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have visited Art cafe several times but I always find the atmosphere is like at a railway station, a lot of people moving from here to there and the staff is always busy no time to offer you some new staff... Maybe also because it is ever full and they just try to keep going, when a table leaves there are already people waiting for it.

The food is great, not the cheapest in town. but not if you want a quite place.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank slofty
Worldwide
“Artcaffe Junction -a Great place to go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Every day I am in Nairobi I go to Artcaffe Junction and sit tapping away working, with the ability to access electricity to enable me to spend hours enjoying their most delicious cappucinos, wonderful ambience of background music and comfy seats. The huge number of customers are served by friendly well groomed staff. I commend the Manager and supervisors for their management and making ArteCaffe a Great place to go!

• Visited February 2013