“Horrible Service”
Review of Artcaffe

Artcaffe
Ranked #1 of 20 Coffee & Tea in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, European
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Horrible Service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Artcaffe Junction has the most rude, arrogant wait staff I have ever encountered. I had to wait for approximately 10 minutes before I finally gave up and called a waiter to order a drink. As I was waiting some caucasians came in sat right next to my table and were served immediately. Unbelievable! After getting my drink I was totally ignored until my friend a male came and joined me and again the girl jumped up to serve him. The waiters all seem to hurdle in particular corner talking about who cares and cannot be bothered to actually do their job and find out how the customers are doing. Getting the bill therefore becomes a problem before you actually catch the eye of a waiter as s/he is very busy with colleagues NOT DOING THEIR JOB. I don't know what is going on at the restaurant but they need to style up. As am sure you have predicted I suggest you avoid this particular "joint" if its service your waiting for except perhaps if your male and caucasian. Horrible place.

• Visited December 2012
10 Thank DorothyN100

“Always a pleasure!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Dinner at Artcaffe was a last minute plan, so my husband and I called it Date night. As always I love it there their food is consistent, staff was efficient despite being busy for a Tuesday night. Food was great, we both ordered the Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna which comes with a side salad, accompanied by their home made Chilli,which is yummy. To drink, we had a glass of Rosé and a Glass of House Red both were very good. I always want a bigger glass of the Rosé! Finished off with a cappuccino, with no room unfortunately for dessert. The fact one of the owners is always at hand at the restaurant makes all the difference as you see them pay attention to staff, clearing plates, glasses if need be and serving. A great evening in all.

• Visited January 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Love the weekend breakfast at Artcaffe!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved the menu and portions. Their service is a little slow probably because they have people moving in and out all the time. But whenever asked they have given a good description of the items on their menu.

Visited December 2012
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Bad experience at Artcafe, Junction mall”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ibwas at the Artcafe last friday Jan 18th evening with my gal pals. I ordered a chicken burger and specifically asked the waiter not to put any Mayo. I even asked him to write it down. So when I got my meal, I was surprised to see it flooded with Mayo. I asked the waiter to take it back, but when it came, the burger meat was smaller, and the mayo was still on it. The only thing they changed was the bun. I asked the waiter to change it, but this time he refused and went to call a lady, who I suppose was a senior waiter. To cut the long story short, let's just say, she was so rude, and I didn't eat my burger, even though we paid all our bills for the food and drinks. Shame

• Visited January 2013
8 Thank Sassy254
Nairobi
“Great food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you need a bit of European comfort food and need to chill and catch up with friends with free wifi this is the place to go !

Visited January 2013