Sandavy Guest House - Kilimani
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Nairobi
See available hotels
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We only spent an afternoon here, because we had an early morning flight. The staff was really friendly, Moses is an amazing cook, he even prepared a breakfast for us in the middle of the night! The room (Lesser Flamingo) was clean, bright and homy with a huge, cosy bed. The place has a nice garden and is not far away from the airport. They even arrange airport transfer, safaris, etc. - we recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UrosAnja
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a good experience staying at this guest house and would definitely go back as it was good value. We loved the cooks!
I must say to me a guest house is a little more of a hotel whereas this is more of a hostel with dorms and bathrooms with cement floors. This was fine and they are a very good value. However we are ladies of a certain age and are used to having a glass of wine in our room before dinner. Not about to change that habit now. As it is a hostel this was not allowed. There was beer to be purchased and drunk in the lounge. It kind of made me feel like a bad teenager hiding the wine from the staff when there was a knock at our door. Lots of laughs and giggles.
I would not rely on them as a tour guide. The drivers were great we loved Issac. However we wanted to go to the bead factory and they obligingly arranged for lovely Issac to drive us but the factory was closed. As there are only a few attractions in Nairobi one would think they would know the hours.
Our primary reason for being in Nairobi was the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage as we foster an elephant. We were assured that we could make arrangements for our evening visit when we made our afternoon visit and there was no need to call ahead. That was wrong they were overbooked. Happily we were staying another day but David forgot to order the car and driver for us and one had to be found at the last minute. We were late because of construction but it turned out well in the end. Anybody can make mistakes but I would check and double check any arrangements for touring made through this guest house.
That being said I would stay there again as it is friendly, clean, safe and affordable.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ourlabradoodles
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Sandavy Guest house was the first place I stayed when I arrived in Kenya. Our room was comfortable and the bathrooms featured warm showers. The living room had plush sofas, a flat screen TV and a multitude of DVDs. I even got to watch the East African version of American Idol called Tusker Project Fame. The guest house is gated and located in a quiet neighborhood. The grounds are well-manicured and if you sit outside long enough you can see monkeys jumping from tree to roof. I had my first introduction to Kenyan cuisine here. Peter, the Sandavy Guest House cook, made chicken stew, greens, chapati and ugali. It was delicious!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed September 13, 2012

David,
Thanks to all of your staff who gave new meaning to customer service! Anytime I needed something or turned around, there was Liz. Moses's makes a great Lasagna:) Rooms were clean and very affordable. Sharon San Diego, USA

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bakuns
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Being my first trip to Africa I didn't know what to expect... David and staff took care of my every need, gave good counsel and provided a level of service I only wish I could find in the States. My goals for this trip were different than the typical tourist but David didn't shy away from helping me achieve my purpose. The staff was very friendly and amazingly helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone. It was a great week!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo