“The Best Thai Restaurant In Nairobi”

Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel
Ranked #19 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small piece of Thailand in Nairobi, Thai Chi has been awarded as the most authentic Thai restaurant in East Africa. With its traditional Thai decor and delectable Thai specialties prepared by experienced chefs from Thailand, Thai Chi is one of Nairobi's most elegant dining establishments.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very friendly almost charmin atmosphere with nice design and hospitable staff, delicious Thai cousin, variety of dishes, slightly pricy and nicely spicy, you will enjoy to be here for sure.

David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for choosing to dine at Thai Chi and taking the time to post your most complimentary review.
It is extremely pleasing to note that you found the ambiance of the restaurant charming, the staff hospitable and the cuisine of a highly delectable taste, your comments have been very welcomed by the team, it was a privilege to have you dine with us and we look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

great food warm atmosphere service was a little slow but thats africa. expensive but worth a treat. unsure why we were told you must wear shirt, trousers and shoes but no hassle.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable thoughts with us. I am happy to note your enjoyed your meals and the intricate atmosphere of the restaurant.
At Thai Chi the ambiance, surroundings and service reflect a fine dining culture, hence the dress code policies are in line within the restaurants cluster.
Please do come visit us again, we shall be more than happy to host you and ensure you receive the highest standards of service, and a pleasurable dining experience.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Well I had a great evening at this restaurant and was well looked after by Brighton, Nicolas and Jonathan. Calm surroundings with lovely large tables which were well spaced out . I had chicken Satay plus Prawn Curry and I didn't want to leave. I feel as though I have just been to a food spa. Perfect and I will be back for sure as this is in my fav hotel. Ali have been coming to Nairobi for 20 years and in my opinion the Stanley can't be beaten. Well done

Dear Guest,

It is to our utmost pleasure to read your lovely feedback about your recent visit to Thai Chi; The efforts of Brighton, Nicolas and John have been recognized.
The restaurant offers eclectic Thai experiences from the food, the traditional sitting, to the general décor and I am thrilled that you found this pleasurable.
Comparing Thai Chi to a being booked into a Food Spa is high praise indeed, and we are truly grateful that our Award winning restaurant is held in such high acclaim by yourself.
We truly value you as a guest of ours, and cannot wait to host you once again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner here on sunday night. Food was excellent although pricey. Little choice of white wine by the glass. Service very attentitive and a good atmosphere. Good choice on menu. Special rice was amazing

David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our award wining Thai Chi restaurant. It is greatly appreciated.

We are particularly pleased to learn that you viewed our food as “excellent” and service as “attentive.” Regarding the limited availability of wine by the glass, we have added various wine by the glass specials and are in the process of reviewing the current wine list to add to the same.

I am glad you had a pleasant dining experience and it was indeed our pleasure to host you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and restaurant soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went on a Friday night and it was not very busy. We had been pre-warned about the dress code and I still don't know what 'no blouses' means! We all had one course (no starters) and shared a bottle of wine between 3 of us and 2 bottles of very expensive water. It was $60 per person. I am more than happy to pay money for good quality food but this annoyed me as I kept thinking I would pay $30 or so for the equivalent at my local takeaway shop in Sydney.

David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us.

We hope that you found the ambience and service pleasing.

We take note your sentiments regarding the price of bottled water and have since introduced alternative brands that match the aesthetics of the restaurant.

Having taken your comments on board regarding the prices, we have re-looked at the entire pricing range of the restaurant – and in retrospect, we are competitive when it comes to fine dining restaurants within hotels.

We hope that you will patron with us again.

Warm regards,