WINNER WONDERLAND

Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel
Ranked #20 of 512 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A small piece of Thailand in Nairobi, Thai Chi has been awarded as the most authentic Thai restaurant in East Africa. With its traditional Thai decor and delectable Thai specialties prepared by experienced chefs from Thailand, Thai Chi is one of Nairobi's most elegant dining establishments.
Bath, United Kingdom
“What a find - I loved it !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Well I had a great evening at this restaurant and was well looked after by Brighton, Nicolas and Jonathan. Calm surroundings with lovely large tables which were well spaced out . I had chicken Satay plus Prawn Curry and I didn't want to leave. I feel as though I have just been to a food spa. Perfect and I will be back for sure as this is in my fav hotel. Ali have been coming to Nairobi for 20 years and in my opinion the Stanley can't be beaten. Well done

Visited May 2013
David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is to our utmost pleasure to read your lovely feedback about your recent visit to Thai Chi; The efforts of Brighton, Nicolas and John have been recognized.
The restaurant offers eclectic Thai experiences from the food, the traditional sitting, to the general décor and I am thrilled that you found this pleasurable.
Comparing Thai Chi to a being booked into a Food Spa is high praise indeed, and we are truly grateful that our Award winning restaurant is held in such high acclaim by yourself.
We truly value you as a guest of ours, and cannot wait to host you once again.

Warm Regards,

David Gachuru.

• Polish first
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner here on sunday night. Food was excellent although pricey. Little choice of white wine by the glass. Service very attentitive and a good atmosphere. Good choice on menu. Special rice was amazing

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our award wining Thai Chi restaurant. It is greatly appreciated.

We are particularly pleased to learn that you viewed our food as “excellent” and service as “attentive.” Regarding the limited availability of wine by the glass, we have added various wine by the glass specials and are in the process of reviewing the current wine list to add to the same.

I am glad you had a pleasant dining experience and it was indeed our pleasure to host you.

David Gachuru.
“Very expensive for Pad Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went on a Friday night and it was not very busy. We had been pre-warned about the dress code and I still don't know what 'no blouses' means! We all had one course (no starters) and shared a bottle of wine between 3 of us and 2 bottles of very expensive water. It was $60 per person. I am more than happy to pay money for good quality food but this annoyed me as I kept thinking I would pay $30 or so for the equivalent at my local takeaway shop in Sydney.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
David G, General Manager at Thai Chi Restaurant - The Stanley Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us.

We hope that you found the ambience and service pleasing.

We take note your sentiments regarding the price of bottled water and have since introduced alternative brands that match the aesthetics of the restaurant.

Having taken your comments on board regarding the prices, we have re-looked at the entire pricing range of the restaurant – and in retrospect, we are competitive when it comes to fine dining restaurants within hotels.

We hope that you will patron with us again.

London, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice ambience, overpriced, service good but trying too hard at times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for work so was an easy dinner on my first night. Lovely food but not the greatest Thai in the world. Very good considering where it was, but they have their clientele sorted. My request for standard water was ignored and I got much more expensive san pellegrino, although I wasn't complaining. Welcoming service although a little too obsequious. fine if you have no other choice, money to burn or want a treat but I think there are better places in Nairobi.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Thai Chi restaurant. It is greatly appreciated.

We are particularly pleased to learn that you viewed our food as “lovely” and service as “welcoming,” regarding the water provided, we have since sourced and introduced alternate brands – which match the aesthetic of the restaurant.

We are glad you had a pleasant dining experience and it was indeed our pleasure to host you.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food, but totally overpriced!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at the Stanley Hotel and went to the inhouse restaurant Thai Chi. Although service and food was very good, it was totally overpriced. We ordered a Thai green curry US$20 and had to pay a further US$10 for the rice or noodles. In contrast you can have a complete gastronomic experience (world calls) at the Fairview hotel (Pango Restaurant). 3 courses worked out cheaper.

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Stanly and taking time to review Thai Chi.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your meal experience with us and highly appreciate your feedback and have taken a keen interest in the issues raised. We have re-looked at the entire pricing range of the restaurant this year – and in retrospect, we are competitive when it comes to fine dining restaurants within hotels in Kenya.