“Fresh sushi, nice tempura”
Review of Misono

Misono
Ranked #30 of 583 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is, I'm told, a historic Japanese restaurant in the Kilimani neighbourhood. It's new setting within the Greenhouse Mall is not the most exciting but the Japanese style decor inside is nicely done and the food is very good. The sushi is very fresh (the chef even showed us the ice boxes in which the fish gets flown in daily from Mombasa) and so is the tempura batter. The bento box dishes are also reccommended.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

the restaurant is owned by Japanese couple who seem ti take a good care of the restaurant.
the sushi is good, i was afraid to eat raw meet at the begging in Nairobi, but i did and there was no side effect.
the chef preparing the tepaniaki are experience one and the food tasted very good.

i highly recommend visiting the place in cace you are in Nairobi

Good luck

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went for dinner at Misono and I found the food to be quite bland.
We had teppanyaki courses which we found horrible
The soup took the trophy for being downright disgusting.

Further, they forced us to squeeze into a teppanyaki table with two other couples in table that sits six people.
So we were supposed to intrude their privacy.
Excuse was that the second teppanyakki chef was away.
That was such a shame.

For the kind of money we paid Misono had better pull those socks up.
Otherwise the ambience is above O.K. but I wouldn't go back there

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went there a bit late in a friday night.

We had sent our friends to order the meals as we finished up our drinks at cedars.

Despite the fact that they close by 10 or 11, they waited for us to arrive. I found this very good of them and for that they get an A rating for customer service.

I ate beef Teriyaki while my friends had chicken teriyaki, Sushi and prawn tempura.

The food was a filling and very delicious. Needless to say i ate like there was no tomorrow.

Despite being the only remaining clients, they let us finish the meals without bothering us at all.

The staff were friendly and professional.

The ambiance was good and the restaurant was clean.

I have already recommended Misono to my workmates to try it out.

1  Thank Gibson S
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Always a great place to eat. I have been coming here for ten years and have never had a bad experience.
Food is fresh, the atmosphere is good and service is quick and friendly

Been to Misono? Share your experiences!