“New location, same high standards”
Review of Misono

Misono
Ranked #32 of 628 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was a frequent diner at the old Misono restaurant on Lenana Road and now it has moved to the Greenhouse Mall on Ngong Road. The mall itself is unappealing and there was risk the restaurant may have gone down-market, but I ate there recently and found that standards have been maintained and perhaps exceeded. The decor is great and carefully thought out, the staff were very welcoming and friendly, and above all the mixed sushi/sashimi set that I chose was excellent. It was busy (even mid-week) so seems to have stayed deservedly popular.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

OK place. Sushi was fresh and plenty of choices. Good ambience. Service wasn't great - tends to be crowded and so wait staff is not as attentive. I had to get wait staff attention several times to get a refill of water, or get ice. I ordered a rock shandy and they didn't seem to know how to make it and gave me the "ingredients to mix it".

1  Thank BwT_2017
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This is one of mine and my wife's favourite restaurants in Nairobi the food is consistently delicious. We love the sushi and sashimi. The atmosphere is busy and watching your food being prepared while sipping some wine is extremely relaxing. The staff are very attentive without being intruding at all. We go here about every 6 weeks, drawn back here by the spectacular food, atmosphere and service. Fully recommend.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Misono is most always referred to as 'not as good as the other Japanese restaurant.' That's the long and short of it.

Fursato is popularly regarded as the best Japanese restaurant in Nairobi. Misono is another Japanese restaurant.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had some business guests who wanted original Japanese food. After bringing them to Misono, Chef Song and his team delivered beyond expectations. I loved the tempura (veg and non veg) and they loved the sushi.

I like the interiors though we sat out in the smoking section. Chilly winds, great wine and good food - a good way to spend an evening. If you want any special foods or need any clarification, just ask for Chef Song, he will be able to assist you in all ways. He helped me out with my selections :)

Thanks to the entire team for making it an amazing experience.