“Excellent food, nice atmosphere and good value”
Review of Habesha

Habesha
Ranked #10 of 589 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This cosy restaurant close to the UN Hq was indeed a pleasant surprise. We took the mixed platter of meat and vegetables which was fine for two. The Ethiopian coffee was excellent and served with popped corn. Would definately go back again.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Take it with a grain of salt - I'm not so good with foods that are unfamiliar. But I don't like that spongy bread or most of the vegetable dishes (I'm a vegetarian). I do like the atmosphere. :)

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here many times and I'm never disappointed. Good selection of tasty dishes in a basic homely setting.
The prices are very reasonable too.

If you're new to Ethiopian try out the platters, there's meat or veg and each comes with a few small servings so you can try them out. Also try the shiro, (ground chick peas with mild spices) It's delicious!

1  Thank Lukus_g
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The food here is very good and the selection is comprehensive. The wait staff were courteous, but a little on the slow / nonchalant side. Two of us shared the vegetarian platter and a side of Shoori and there was not much left when we stopped. Atmosphere was fine for lunch - not sure how it is at night. Very good juices, too. I will return each time I come to Nairobi.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We found this by accident . Great food . Lovely helpful staff . It was an experience to get the mixed meal of seven different dishes all on a huge crepe like pancake . ( dont know the name ) it was enough for two people and only cost 800 shillings . Wine available beers . The potato and carrot dish was superb .

1  Thank compostmaker