“Good Food”

Cuisines: African
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Ethiopian Cuisine at its best! However, the service was a bit slow.....but still, they did their best to ensure that we were comfortable.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I think Habesha servers could not serve you slower even if they tried. I went there three times. On the third time, I decided to go looking for my server after one hour. I found them all watching a football match on television. I complained to the manager. Nothing happened. I complained directly to the servers watching football. Nothing happened. So, my group and I left. While pulling out in the car, a server came running saying the food was "almost ready". Seriously? Over one hour later? Ethiopian food at all other Ethiopian restaurants and in Ethiopia itself is really quick to prepare. We were worried also that they were so disorganized that the kitchen might not have prepared it in the most hygienic way. Other Ethiopian restaurants much better in Nairobi.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Decent food, decent setting, and a good deal over all for a nice time out with friends. The service seems to have been suffering here lately, although some of the tables now have door-bells installed - we call it the shiro bell (more shiro please!). They do have the best gomen kitfo in town. Around the weekend you may want to make a reservation as it can get crowded.

1  Thank DavidKnowles
Reviewed December 12, 2012

A garden setting, secure and delicious authentic ethiopian food.
I ordered the chicken curry with local bread you sopped up the juices, yummee

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great food, great atmosphere, but only OK service. Definitely a place to go. Note that if you order vegetables, you get a few vareity of lentils and bits of other veggies (cabbage, green beans, beets, carrots, etc.)