“Old Style Italian”

Ranked #75 of 557 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Osteria provides the best Italian food in Nairobi. In addition to their stunning chain of restaurants, Osteria also delivers to locations in Nairobi. The launch of Osteria takeaway in the city has received a warm welcome. The Osteria del Chianti restaurant menu is by many considered the best Italian in the region. With the launch of Osteria Warwick in Gigiri this year, Osteria now offers Sushi and Teppanyaki, arguably some of the the best Japanese food in the country. Visit us today for a slice of Italy.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Old Style Italian”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Osteria is not the cheapest spot in Kilimani but is worth every shilling. The atmosphere is fantastic, the owner greets you personally every time you turn up (I do not live in Nairobi so my visits can be up to a year apart!) and the waiters are great.
The food is to die for every thing on the menu is good, the risotto is a huge hit and there is always a toss up between it, the ravioli or a new delight.
Great night out.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great find in Nairobi”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Located in the Casablanca enclosure, this is genuine Italian...managed by Italians. Went on Wednesday eve. There is large outside area and a nice, well-controlled band of seasoned musicians adding to the relaxed atmosphere. The food was great...from the focaccia bread, the tomato soup to the pepper steak. My business guest is a regular and had a great meal. There is large menu and the service is great. They also have a real wood fired oven. I thought the wine was pricey, starting at around $30. Food prices are reasonable. I will be back.

Nairobi
“Good place for lunch”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went for a business lunch. The umbrellas outside are starting to look a little tatty and could probably do with replacing. We ordered a couple of pizzas which were great as always. I ordered mine with extra chilis but got a portion of chips instead. Maybe the waiters should read back the orders just to check that everything is okay.

It has been commented on elsewhere but it would help if they would include the gross charges for the food and drinks etc.

All in all still a good place for lunch and some of the best pizzas arount.

Makati, Philippines
“A place to avoid......”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

II have been there last Sunday for a lunch. Two people.
I closed a table but the waitress told me... seat there pointing with her finger a different table. I sat there and after five minutes these was beating on us... so we moved.
the table was plenty of leaves from the tree. asked to clean it.. no one did it. I did it.
asked a wine, Cabernet. sorry sir out of stock.
they tried to convince me to drink a barolo. .. mid day....
I ordered a Pinot Grigio. I got a 50 usd bottle of wine with no cork, TAPPO CORONA. The same bottle in Italy can cost two three euros....
food arrived cold. porcini mushrooms weren't original.
the coffee was ok. I asked brown sugar... sorry sir. out of stock.

I spent a fortune.... they will never see me again.....

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Real cool place”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

It's really nice... that's as much as I can say. However, would be nice to add VAT to your prices so clients know what they are paying for from the get go.

Visited November 2012