“Disappointing”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had read a very flattering review of this place in the Guide du Routard but it turned out to offer mediocre food, with very very limited choice, at fairly high prices. I would not recommend it.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Almost all the dishes are simply stewed or fried meat, which were served with chapatis. I was disappointed that there weren't more non-meat Kenyan dishes available. The meat is very tough but tastes good. The chapatis were tasty. You can also get cokes, water etc. A very helpful employees showed us how it all worked.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I always like to visit here at least once on my journey to experience real local food for local people. Don't expect anything upper class here. You go to look at the food first on the buffet style counter. You then go to pay the window and give the slips of paper to the waiter who brings it.
The reviewer below obviously walked into the wrong place or just wasn't prepared to join in the flavour of a real local restaurant. If you have never eaten this way it can be a shock but I don't go to African countries to eat steak and chips.
It is very cheap and plaenty of it.
I will always return

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited today with my partner around lunchtime. Was rather quiet when we arrived so choosing where we sat wasn't much of a problem, before it gradually filled with Nairobi office staff. From there onwards, things got worse! My partner, having been there before knew exactly what she wanted to order. No menus being available on the table, I was escorted to another room to choose from the menu on the wall. I decided to "play safe" and ordered a mixed grill. What turned up at the table can only be described as resembling a bowl of cat-food! I invited the waiter to explain to me exactly what exactly, in the bowl had been grilled and was told to "go speak to the chef!" My partner produced her ipad and "googled" mixed-grill and showed this person a photo of what I thought I'd ordered. He found this hilarious!! They are very clever in taking your money as soon as you place your order, before your food arrives. If this hadn't been the case I'd have definitely refused to pay the bill.! Never again will I set foot inside this place!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very nice and delicious food.Price is a bit high compared to other restaurants but it's definitely worth it!I always eat here whenever am in the city.